Prostate cancer a decade ago

Death

I'm being told to check no under cancer, as "it won't be found that far back." Has been in remission for a decade. Any ideas?

I'm being told to check no under cancer, as "it won't be found that far back." Has been in remission for a decade. Any ideas?
The answer is NO, you do not have cancer. The answer is YES, you have had cancer sometime in your life ,and thankfully you are cured. You will always be a cancer survivor, and all insurance companies want to know that. There is a difference.

Now if the question is more specific like have you had or been treated in the last 5 years...that's a different story,

Anyone who tells you different is possibly either dishonest or just an ***, and/or should lose their insurance license if an agent.

I'm lost. Are you a life agent and your licensed supervisor is telling you to do this for a client, or are you the client buying the insurance, and your superior (not an agent) is telling you to do this.

I too am interested in the specific wording of the policy, but you said you were told:

"it won't be found that far back."

An applicant for life insurance should not "hiding" anything, assuming an underwriter won't find it. And if you die withing 2 years of buying the policy, you can be darn sure they'll find it when investigating the claim, and your beneficiary can kiss the benefit good bye.

Last edited:
It's 99% going to read "Have you ever been diagnosed" not "Do you." Obviously check yes and don't stress it. If they pull doc recs, it's going to easily be found in your history. If you have a good agent he'd have you with a carrier that wouldn't see this as an issue.
Assuming you have a stable PSA within normal range or 0 if prostate is removed you will have no problem getting approved at a good rate.

It's 99% going to read "Have you ever been diagnosed" not "Do you." Obviously check yes and don't stress it. If they pull doc recs, it's going to easily be found in your history. If you have a good agent he'd have you with a carrier that wouldn't see this as an issue.
Assuming you have a stable PSA within normal range or 0 if prostate is removed you will have no problem getting approved at a good rate.
Many companies will ask"In the last 10 years (FE companies 2 years) have you been diagnosed, treated or taken medication for cancer....." In that case, it would be "No"..

Back