Prostate cancer a decade ago

FE and simplified issue are generally black and white. Had cancer period within a certain time it is a no go. That said had stage 4 cancer more than say 5 years ago but in remission if you can answer no it is a go.

Fully underwritten. Had stage 0-1 3 years ago with a lumpectomy. Can probably get standard if pathology confirms. Way better rates, but gonna have to wait for oncologist records. 30+ days likely. Had stage 4 cancer at any point in your life it is generally a no go.

Different strokes for different folks.

Tahoe Ray. Exactly right. For fully underwritten on its "have you ever" on the big things and "in the last 5 or 10 years" on others. Not saying this app is universal for FU, but I'd be shocked if a carrier wasn't concerned about cancer at any point in a PI's life

View attachment 5375
Depends on the company.. Columbian's fully underwritten will go up to $10 Million with only a ten year look back for cancer treatment.. AGLA did the same..

I promise you on cancer for a 10mm dollar policy nobody will approve without pathology from an oncologist, and if it happened to be stage 4 they will decline. No reinsurance company would touch it and 10mm is gonna require reinsurance.

I promise you on cancer for a 10mm dollar policy nobody will approve without pathology from an oncologist, and if it happened to be stage 4 they will decline. No reinsurance company would touch it and 10mm is gonna require reinsurance.
The question was did the OP have to answer yes to a question about cancer that he had treated over 10 years ago..The answer is ti depends upon how the application question is worded. On the Columbian app, he can truthfully answer the question no on the app. As to what takes place as in underwriting was not the issue. Of course a $10M app is going to require more detailed underwriting that a $50K app and the medical exams will have questions that go back beyond the 10 years.. However, again, that was not the question. Instead of answering the question, this has gone off on a squirrel hunting expedition, seeking to answer questions not asked.. :)

Back