Prostate Cancer at Age 46

rayluk

Expert
Hello,

I am curious what carriers you may consider.

Client is age 46, NS, normal BMI. Diagnosed with prostate cancer at age 44; and performed surgery (looked like brachytherapy) in April 2012.

At last check-up - PSA is 2.3

According to NYL, case will not be considered until 4/2017 with a flat extra $12 for 5 years and only if PSA remains normal.

We are considering a mix or term/perm insurance in the range of 2M, considering cash flow situation.

IUL is not an option.

Thanks!

Raymond.

I would try all of them. Met, Pru, AG, Nationwide...Depends on the stage, grade, before and after PSA etc. Sounds like maybe a flat extra anywhere he goes. Send a quick quote request or informal inquiry out and see what comes back.

Anything under age 50 is very hard to insure - especially with the brachytherapy. This will be a tough one across the board. Would need a lot more information to give any specifics though.

Hopefully tlmarketing will chime in for you - he's the man when it comes to this risk.

I have seen many approvals with Protective life on similar cases, I would say standard at best possibly up to a table C but def no flat extras.

Carlos
rmlcenter.com

With good follow up and no missed appointments yes. As long as there are no other complications. If you want to provide his birthdate, build, stage and grade. I can prelim it with 15 companies real easy and see what the best offer is. Can you write outside of NYL?

Thank you for all the feedback. Yes I can write outside NYL. I need to take a second look and see if I have all the req info to do prelim. I will get back to you. Thanks again.

Ray

just saw this now...thanks for the plug JRoot.

As far as the prostate cancer history, need to know:
Prostate cancer stage
Pre-treatment PSA
Gleason Score
Treatment dates - start and stop dates.
What type of treatment - For this case, did he have just brachytherapy?
Post-treatment PSA - most recent 2.3 is from when?

If it was a stage 1 or 2a, 2b, it may be possible to get coverage now with a flat extra.

If it's for business purposes, loan, buy-sell, keyman, you can get coverage now for 1year, will exclude death by prostate, but available.

Latest posts

Back