Providing Food...???

Gulfman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi Friends,

I was considering putting on an informational meeting at my local diner, and found a thread about offering food.

Did i read this correctly? On another thread, someone mentioned that providing food at a "Medicare Sup Info" educational meeting is a VIOLATION?

...OR does that apply to Medicare Advantage?

I'm a little confused about what can be offered at an information meetings. I was thinking of a cold cut platter and drinks...BUT NOW, i don't know?

Anyone know the answer?

thanks very much!

The reason all of my carriers here in NY carried the rule over from Medicare Advantage is you can not help but answer med advantage questions at a med sup seminar because they do come up and people will ask. If you had a secret shopper or medicare found out you could be in trouble. We were warned about those cold cut platters, they could be assembled into a sandwich which is a meal.

If you present MA or PDP you may not offer anything other than a light snack. If you provide cheese AND bread it's no longer a snack, but a meal. I'm not sure how an ice cream sandwich fits this.

But you certainly can go over what MA plans do in general and review how HMO and PPO work. But no plan specific material.

Otherwise, get 'em drunk!

Rick

If you present MA or PDP you may not offer anything other than a light snack. If you provide cheese AND bread it's no longer a snack, but a meal. I'm not sure how an ice cream sandwich fits this.

But you certainly can go over what MA plans do in general and review how HMO and PPO work. But no plan specific material.

Otherwise, get 'em drunk!

Rick

Thanks Rick. Hope all is well where u r!

Latest posts

Back