Providing signature for denied claim appeal

Deltaforce

I am not too sure if I am posting in the right section. Pls feel free to move if required.
The doctor ordered a lab test from a company that I had never heard of. Before sending in the sample, I called them up to make sure that they are in-network. I was told, they are in-network. I was still uncomfortable so asked the customer service personnel, what happens if the insurance company rejects the claim, how much will I owe? I was told, I will owe nothing. That surprised me, but the doctor wanted the test results before proceeding, so sent the sample in.

After a couple of months, I get the EOB stating the claim rejection. The lab appeals, I get a copy from the insurance company that an appeal has been made. Now I get a letter from the company asking for my signature which they will use to go higher up in the appeals process.

My doctor's office or different labs have appealed rejected claims in the past and never needed my signature. I really have no objection for providing the signature but I am not able to figure out what details could be under point #4. The signature is voluntary but I feel the lab should get a fair amount for the test.

2019-07-17-17-38-53-Window.png

How would you recommend me to proceed?

Many thanks in advance.

Back