Prudential FMO-Who is "Good" ???

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hello,

I am looking for a good FMO for Prudential.

Anybody have the range of compensation on their UL and other life plans?

Maybe one that can "shop" the case with many carriers by obtaining APS?

Any recommendations here?

Just curious, can you have a dual agent number with Prudential ?

Thanks!

Hello,

I am looking for a good FMO for Prudential.

Anybody have the range of compensation on their UL and other life plans?

Maybe one that can "shop" the case with many carriers by obtaining APS?

Any recommendations here?

Just curious, can you have a dual agent number with Prudential ?

Thanks!

Based upon what you are looking for, Pinney Insurance may be a good fit. You can search for PicNic on this forum, and he could probably give you details of the commissions

Pru will allow dual appointments. As for the comp, they only allow one level for us to contract agents at. If you are going to get comp above that level it will need to come direct from the FMO/IMO/BGA. That should be true with most brokerage shops.

As for the shopping the case, almost every IMO will "shop" the case for you before you submit it by running the clients info it by their in house underwriter or by the carriers. This is pretty common. However, If you want them to order an APS before submitting the business then it would need to be a larger case since it will cost a few hundred dollars or more just to order the records.

I have a couple Pru numbers. One with a higher comp one with lower comp but way more service from the IMO, Pinney. I am moving more and more cases to Pinney. Pre submission underwriting help is everything from Xrae to an in house underwriter.

How big does the case need to be for the FMO to assist with the APS ?

That was never mentioned to me about case size and the APS.

Does Prudential allow you to "pre-qual" by talking to an underwriter?

That is the method I am used to.

You wounded have to ask each fmo what their trial app limits are.
Some companies get their panties in a know if you jump chain of command I do not care and do it any way. If it is a shopping situation and a big enough deal I have the IMO do it.
We have always been very hands on and do it all ourselves. I am slowly changing and find I have more time to work on the bigger or more complicated cases.

Lee

I don't think that he meant you need to have a large case to get assistance with the APS...he was saying that without an app, most GAs are not going to order an APS unless it is on a larger case.

Once you send in an app, the GA will assist with any size case in ordering the APS.

Pre-qual is normally done through the GA and as Wino points out, can be very valuable.

I don't think that he meant you need to have a large case to get assistance with the APS...he was saying that without an app, most GAs are not going to order an APS unless it is on a larger case.

Once you send in an app, the GA will assist with any size case in ordering the APS.

Pre-qual is normally done through the GA and as Wino points out, can be very valuable.

Thanks for the clarification Tahoe you're right on.

I also agree that pre-underwriting is huge. Most FMOs/IMOs/BGAs (ours included) have an in house underwriter that will look at the specifics of the case and point agents in the direction of a carrier that will give the client the best rate. Like Wino said, many carriers want you to go through your FMO to get an idea of the rating so they don't have to deal directly with the agent. The one advantage to going through your FMO/IMO/BGA is they will hopefully look at all their carriers to find the best fit for your client.

Or they might just send you to the carrier they have the best bonus with! haha

Back