Public Option Continues

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
Just heard some pundits say that the Clown is going to stay with the public option in his speech tonight. Pundits are speculating further that he knows that the public option will not fly and will get negotiated away between the Senate and House but will allow him to try to show his supporters that he stuck with it.

What a huge, huge mess. We are getting to the eleventh hour and people are begging for clarity and he is going deeper into the gamesmanship. In addition, I would think that when he concedes on public option in the coming months that it will just look like he was beaten because he has stuck with it.

What a mess and what a clown show. I hope President Clown likes the sight of his poll numbers going South because believe me we have not reached bottom yet.

Change we can believe in.

Just saw a bumper sticker:
Oh
Big
Ass - (picture of democrat donkey)
Mistake
America

C'mon. If you are in Oregon, you are jiving us unless you are east of the mountains. Speaking out against Obama isnt legal in the Portland-Beijing Area is it?

:cool:

She didn't say she didn't see it on a "disposed of" cash-for-clunkers vehicle, now did she?

Bet it 'twas. Vehicles with those kind of bumper stickers aren't allowed. Freedom of speech/thought be damned!

One_Big_Ass_Mistake_bumper_sticker.bmp

C'mon. If you are in Oregon, you are jiving us unless you are east of the mountains. Speaking out against Obama isnt legal in the Portland-Beijing Area is it?

:cool:

It was on a newer Kia. Yes, I am in Portland. Portland/Gresham border. And I do mean border. Would love to be east of the mountains. "Keep Portland Weird". You know, Portland is the only place you can get a Sam Adams if you are 18.

It was on a newer Kia. Yes, I am in Portland. Portland/Gresham border. And I do mean border. Would love to be east of the mountains. "Keep Portland Weird". You know, Portland is the only place you can get a Sam Adams if you are 18.

Do you think it was a newer Cash for Clunkers vehicle? now, that would be some fierce irony!

I might be in the minority with all you health guys around, but I don't see a problem with what was said tonight.

I might be in the minority with all you health guys around, but I don't see a problem with what was said tonight.

That's what he was counting on.
He talked about the areas of some consensus. That part was pretty good (still had some problems with it, but I'll give him credit, nobody can give a health care speech and be 100% right to all people). He just still left out the details, you know, the part where there was laughter in the audience :)

I'll point out one problem I saw that most haven't picked up on yet.....

Medicare savings of $500Billion to help offset the cost.
Seniors, don't worry, the medicare trust fund will not be raided to pay for this....
Hmm, where does that $500B come from again?
Oh yeah, what trust fund? But I'm not supposed to ask about that.

Dan

I completely agree with you, if it worked out exactly as he said tonight there wouldn't be any issue. No caps on coverage, everyone can get it without underwriting, those can't afford it will be subsidized, and it will all be done on a revenue neurtral basis. Sounds great to me.

So does the tooth fairy in theory. Problem is, there is no way it can be done on a revenue neutral basis and the potential to bankrupt this already financially teatering country is a very real threat. The main problem is if it doesn't "work" as planned, it is near impossible to take it away from the public later (like Medicare now).

Not sure if I understood this correctly tonight, but he seemed to mandate that carriers don't apply pre-ex's and it will all be guaranteed issue. He then went on to say there would be a mandate for coverage. Ask Mass how it's working for them.

He also mentioned no coverage for illegal immigrants, does that mean that they will be turned away at the ER when they have a serious condition? Highly unlikely, so in effect, we are all still going to pay for them.

Last edited:
Back