Public Option Fraud

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
The feds already run two of the largest public options on earth- Medicare and Medicaid. If they want to introduce another public option the normal mind would think that they would want to get those under control (both cost and performance) and then use them as as the best case for taking it to the under-65 crowd. But no, tis not the liberal way.

Govt: Medicare paid $47 billion in suspect claims - Yahoo! News

Winter, I had seen that report earlier today on Drudge. I wonder why the Gov thinks that they can run anything efficiently?

The public option is just a joke.

Increased competition only drives costs down in industries with fat margins. Health insurance companies make massive profits because they have volume not because they are taking too large a slice of the pie.

If Blue Cross, Humana, et al were making so much money per policy other insurance companies like Allstate and Geico that focus on P&C would jump into the market.

The public doesn't understand the insurance industry and they are being misled in a big way, particularly about this public option crap.

The public option is just a joke.

Increased competition only drives costs down in industries with fat margins. Health insurance companies make massive profits because they have volume not because they are taking too large a slice of the pie.

If Blue Cross, Humana, et al were making so much money per policy other insurance companies like Allstate and Geico that focus on P&C would jump into the market.

The public doesn't understand the insurance industry and they are being misled in a big way, particularly about this public option crap.

Mislead you say?
Duh.
Is everything so obvious in Connecticut?

No, you can't.

Ron Paul 2012

Last edited:
Since I've been in this business for 24 years, and therefore understand a lot about health insurance I can see the lies and misleading statements for what they are.

Unfortunately, there are only a few subjects I know much about.

I worry about all the other stuff I hear from the media and politicians where the lies aren't so easy for me to see.

Are things going to get worse before they get better or will things just get worse?:skeptical:

Since I've been in this business for 24 years, and therefore understand a lot about health insurance I can see the lies and misleading statements for what they are.

Unfortunately, there are only a few subjects I know much about.

I worry about all the other stuff I hear from the media and politicians where the lies aren't so easy for me to see.

Are things going to get worse before they get better or will things just get worse?:skeptical:

All wisecracks aside Alston, I do think we are gonna start to see things break up a bit going into the new year.
I'm sure you have noticed that it is historically the biggest month of each year? Reason being 2 fold I believe.
The public wants to "get their money's worth" so to speak by coming in at the top of the Calander year deductible ... Janurary. Also, its the ol "let's get the year started off right" ...,etc.
For me, Jan. will be the barometer so to speak in terms of how much the consumer has decided to stop waiting for Uncle Barry to ride in on his white pony(could be a green pony for all I care; don't get it racial, don't get it twisted?) to save the day. They, theoretically at least, can only be irresponsible for so long and its already been months so we'll see shortly.
This being the first week in December we are starting to get some nibbles. How about the rest of you?

Last edited:
Back