Purchasing Medicare Leads

bob2952

I'm not a new agent. I am just starting on my own. I have Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplements, Prescription Plans and Final expense policies to offer. In negotiations for Individual and Group plans. I'm looking for a good place to purchase leads. As few as possible at a time to keep the budget down. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Medicare Leads

I'm not a new agent. I am just starting on my own. I have Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplements, Prescription Plans and Final expense policies to offer. In negotiations for Individual and Group plans. I'm looking for a good place to purchase leads. As few as possible at a time to keep the budget down. Any suggestions?

Thanks

If your budget is an issue the best thing would be to purchase a list of people 67+ in the area you want to work I would also want phone numbers but you can look people up...then call them based on age they should be on medicare...now I can't tell you if they have a sup or MA plan but if you call and keep notes you will build a database of prospects...You might want to talk to Frank Stanzy about this.

Thanks

You have the wrong mindset to be going out on your own. You need as many leads a you can get, that is how you make money. It cost money to make money in this business and leads is the way you make it.

I guess my statement could have been taken that way.

As few as possible at a time to keep the budget down. Any suggestions?

I agree that is the right place for the investment part of the business because without customers there is no business.

What was meant by the statement was to try and be cost effective and not spend money with places that have proven track records that don't get the most for your money. That's the reason I'm asking the question on this forum. If I just experimented throwing cash around to test the water I'm sure its safe to say most people would sink.

Cold call those T65- 75. You can get a data list of 500- 1000 names for 100 bucks or so. Keep in mind you cannot cold call for MA. You might consider doing a mailer, which will run around 300 bucks. You can advertise your MA service this way.

I haven't seen mailers for $300 for Medicare. Where can you get that price? I have been spending $400-$475 per thousand.
Cold call lists ad direct mail are proven methods of getting new business. You won't get a whole lot of leads back by just mailng out a thousand pieces but it sounds like that's what you are looking for.

Norway Guy's advice is spot on.

I believe you will be better off starting with people age 67 and up as opposed to including people T65. They are being inundated by phone calls from agents across the country and they are usually not ready to make a decision.

It can be a very time consuming process working with people T65. In the amount of time I spend with them, I can write several people 67 and above.

At age 67 and above they already have a basic knowledge of Medicare and Med Supps, not always true with those T65, and more often than not they have already received their first premium increase. When they get a notice that their premiums are going up they go shopping.

That is when I want to talk to them. If I can save them money there is no logical reason why I should not make that sale.

Cold call those T65- 75. You can get a data list of 500- 1000 names for 100 bucks or so. Keep in mind you cannot cold call for MA. You might consider doing a mailer, which will run around 300 bucks. You can advertise your MA service this way.

If you're going to cold call I can get you a list of 1k records already scrubbed against the DNC for $100, but you get much better bang for your buck when you buy larger lists. For example, 10k records would only be $400.

The mailer price is low, but seems about right. One of the mistakes most folks make when they're doing mail is the cheap out on the piece and get a poor response or a poorly qualified lead by trying to "save" a few bucks by not paying for a better mail piece.

If you're going to cold call I can get you a list of 1k records already scrubbed against the DNC for $100, but you get much better bang for your buck when you buy larger lists. For example, 10k records would only be $400.

The mailer price is low, but seems about right. One of the mistakes most folks make when they're doing mail is the cheap out on the piece and get a poor response or a poorly qualified lead by trying to "save" a few bucks by not paying for a better mail piece.

Where can I get this list? I can spend $400 on a large list like that.

Back