PURE (Privilege Underwriters Reciprocal Exchange)

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone on here have experience with this carrier? I'm thinking of using them for my own insurance and would appreciate any comments or feedback.

Their pricing beats the pants off Chubb or ACE or what's now the "New Chubb" I personally have never used them. But have seen them insured some high value homes exceptionally cheap. They say the coverage is comparable to a Chubb but I really don't know.

The pricing model seems entirely unsustainable though. A Multi-Million dollar home shouldn't be insured for $2,000.

I've been hearing of them lately. The above post is accurate in that they're priced VERY well. I believe their total assets are pretty low (not sure how much that matters..)

Super aggressively priced, backed by a hedge fund. I am not familiar with their policy coverages but I know they position themselves as comparable to Chubb/ACE, Firemans Fund, Chartis, etc... AM Best rates A- but financial size is $100 million to $250 million. Compare that with Chubb's financial size of $2 billion or greater. I usually bring up that fact to customers by saying "does it make you nervous that you have more assets than your insurance carrier?"

Super aggressively priced, backed by a hedge fund. I am not familiar with their policy coverages but I know they position themselves as comparable to Chubb/ACE, Firemans Fund, Chartis, etc... AM Best rates A- but financial size is $100 million to $250 million. Compare that with Chubb's financial size of $2 billion or greater. I usually bring up that fact to customers by saying "does it make you nervous that you have more assets than your insurance carrier?"

Best rebuttal ever! :D

I'm not to that point yet but its good to know! Do you know if they are part of the state guaranty associations?

Have you worked w/ clients that have assets greater then $250,000,000? My god...how do you even insure that? I would imagine that nobody is writing 250MM umbrellas? Wouldn't they be retaining risk management firms at that point?

Back