Puritan Life Stealing Clients

I had a heads up warning call about this from Ritter yesterday. As indicated, only one Sterling client that can't be moved so it doesn't affect me directly.

My guess is some of Ritter's agents have had a problem and complained to them.

I had one of my clients that is on a Loyal American Med Sup call me yesterday with basically the same story. I did a 3-way call with him back to the agency. They claim to be out of Brentwood, TN and claimed that they were given his info and asked to call him by AARP/United Healthcare. They gave him the impression that they have all his records and they can lower his supplement rates now. They backstroked on that when I told them he is currently in chemo therapy.

I didn't save the phone number but could possibly get it from him again if anyone is building a complaint file to shut them down.

UPDATE;
I was at the clients house today when the agent showed up. He introduced himself as an agent with Puritan Financial Group, so did his card. I videotaped the entire meeting. His lead sheet had Puritan Life on top of it, as well as "Med Supp Replacement Contact" right on top of it. He called Addison TX and talked to a third party to get a quote to see if he could beat it.

He was not very happy when I introduced myself and told him my purpose for being there. He has only been an agent for 6 months. He tried to call several people but could not reach anyone.

I was asked to be there by AIMC, Puritan, and the DOI. I tried to explain to him what he was doing, and that I had 14 years as an agent, and he only had 6 months, and he should heed my advice. He said I was lacking in integrity, ha.

So now I wait until Monday. Then I will send the video to AIMC and my broker.

This is happening in ALL states. So if you have any Sterling, Admiral/Puritan clients, you need to go move them now.

Once again a connection to an agency in Texas.

His agency is Puritan Financial Group in Carmel, IN. He called Puritan during the presentation. He accused me of not being an agent with Puritan. At this point I told him that my monthly Renewals from Puritan were much larger than his, and he was being used and was ill-informed.

Why the call to Addison TX ? I'm thinking the data for the leads has a connection to Texas. Even if the agency is located in Carmel, IN I still think it ultimately ties back in some way to Texas.

UPDATE;
I was at the clients house today when the agent showed up. He introduced himself as an agent with Puritan Financial Group, so did his card. I videotaped the entire meeting. His lead sheet had Puritan Life on top of it, as well as "Med Supp Replacement Contact" right on top of it. He called Addison TX and talked to a third party to get a quote to see if he could beat it.

He was not very happy when I introduced myself and told him my purpose for being there. He has only been an agent for 6 months. He tried to call several people but could not reach anyone.

I was asked to be there by AIMC, Puritan, and the DOI. I tried to explain to him what he was doing, and that I had 14 years as an agent, and he only had 6 months, and he should heed my advice. He said I was lacking in integrity, ha.

This is happening in ALL states. So if you have any Sterling, Admiral/Puritan clients, you need to go move them now.

I hope you also send the video to the DOI and to some news stations.
That's really fucked up. They should be exposed.

UPDATE;

Methinks that someone who has been an agent for 6 weeks (much less 6 months) should be able to come up with the quote himself.

Hasn't Puritan always worked off some kind of list? I can't remember exactly, but I think they were previously known for selling annuities off of some list of clients that they had procured from somewhere. (I know there are some old threads about them on here.) I met with one of their managers years ago and they had a big emphasis on pre-set appointments.

Back