Puritan Life Stealing Clients

Update;
video was sent to AIMC on Monday. They are actively pursuing Puritan to stop them from doing this. It includes lawyers. AIMC is thrilled with the video I sent them, it clearly shows what Puritan is up to. I nailed them to the wall. Waiting to hear what is happening now.

Update;
video was sent to AIMC on Monday. They are actively pursuing Puritan to stop them from doing this. It includes lawyers. AIMC is thrilled with the video I sent them, it clearly shows what Puritan is up to. I nailed them to the wall. Waiting to hear what is happening now.

That is awesome.
From all of us that have clients with Sterling or any of their other companies, THANK YOU!
I hope whoever was behind this scheme loses their contracting, or better yet, their licenses.

Great job, elder!

Great American did the same with some of my clients. This was several years ago and I had a conversation with Great American's attorney this stopped it for several years. They are a ruthless crew

I had a meeting with a client on Friday. She said someone from Great American in Texas called her to sell her Cigna (she used to have United Teachers and so that's how they got her contact info).

The lady on the phone told her that unlike me, she makes "NO" commission, and agents who sell in the home make (in her words) HUGE commissions. She said that's why the rate would be lower, although I was there to replace her with Phil American so it was less than CIGNA anyway so I was able to easily overcome her crap.

Just pissed me off that they would be calling clients that they would never be able to get to first base with, and stealing them from us, while badmouthing us at the same time. Of course she is a commissioned salesperson. If she wasn't generating sales how long would they keep her worthless butt around? They are a crooked bunch of liars!

Puritan is an NMO that now owns their own life insurance co. They also have several other divisions,i.e., med supp (fairly new), life, annuity,FE, & SPL, and even a wealth division (securities.) They do not steal, they purchase companies through bankruptcies, etc., and are appointed by the court to service those clients. It is their clients as well as the active agents'.
I do not work for Puritan, but I'm very familiar. They also bought old "trust mills" and service their clients as well. They are very successful. As always, there is a very high turnover.

They are advertising for agents in this market.

Could someone fill me in on what they think that Puritan is doing that is illegal? I've actually been contacted by them about running their "preset" appointments. I am very skeptical about any agency that tries to recruit me. There is usually a catch. I always seem to find the answers I need on here from all of the people that have a great deal of experiences with different companies.

This thread is labeled "Puritan Life Stealing Clients". I mean isn't that what any of us do when we replace a policy that isn't written by us? I kind of thought that was the competitive nature of this business, to obtain clients and make sales.

I seriously doubt I will call them back after what I have read on here regarding the quality of appointments and having to drive miles just to service their clients for them. I'm just curious as to what is illegal about trying to replace a policy.

Could someone fill me in on what they think that Puritan is doing that is illegal? I've actually been contacted by them about running their "preset" appointments. I am very skeptical about any agency that tries to recruit me. There is usually a catch. I always seem to find the answers I need on here from all of the people that have a great deal of experiences with different companies.

This thread is labeled "Puritan Life Stealing Clients". I mean isn't that what any of us do when we replace a policy that isn't written by us? I kind of thought that was the competitive nature of this business, to obtain clients and make sales.

I seriously doubt I will call them back after what I have read on here regarding the quality of appointments and having to drive miles just to service their clients for them. I'm just curious as to what is illegal about trying to replace a policy.

There is a difference in "competing" in the open market and working an agent's client list.. For example.. You sign a contract to sell business through my agency and you are vested in that business. It would be one thing if I sold one of your clients that I developed through some outside source. But to take your list of clients (which I have only because you placed the business through me) and to systematically replace that business so that I now get the full commission and you lose your vested renewals is totally unethical.

There is a difference in "competing" in the open market and working an agent's client list.. For example.. You sign a contract to sell business through my agency and you are vested in that business. It would be one thing if I sold one of your clients that I developed through some outside source. But to take your list of clients (which I have only because you placed the business through me) and to systematically replace that business so that I now get the full commission and you lose your vested renewals is totally unethical.

Give me a list of your clients so I can compete with you...:cool:

Back