Purpose of Forum

Just curious gents and ladies. How do you think the forum helps us, what do we as individual insurance brokers, get out of being on this? Or is it just "playtime"? I'm NOT being sarcastic, honestly curious.

I've learned a lot of good stuff from this forum and saved a lot of money also.

This forum is a great tool. A great place to share ideas and get feedback from other agents.

It is also a good place to vent about problems.

You can also get great discounts on things on this forum.

Look at some of the banners and great offers we get on this forum.

I have been an independent a long time. This forum has provided a place to network with other agents. To see how experts do what they do. What companies they use and why. Links to other online information. It has broadened my field of vision. Being a Lone Wolf can get lonely and narrow your world view. Where else can you get help from big hitters in FE, Annuities, LTC, Medsups, Marketing, Websites, SEO(?), software, Hareware, Guns and God, etc... I think that I am a better agent because of the information I have gleaned from this site.

It is also a source of irritation at times, But one I can just turn off. And a huge waste of time, Which I need sometimes.

And a great place for a chuckle.

"Hareware" and spelling instruction.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was a gay atheist before I joined... and now I'm a straight Christian.

:laugh:

There goes the neighborhood.

Last edited:
I asked this same question a while ago.

If memory serves Sam, the owner of the forum, started it to get a big boat and retire :)

As it sits now, I think it's a great place to get feedback on ideas (especially if you can handle negative criticism), get feedback from other agents about other services (which should probably be taken with a grain of salt), learn about new products, have philosophical debates about the good and bad of carriers and congress, and have social (or asocial) conversation.

The best analogy I can come up with is it's like an old man's bar. There are a bunch of really experienced guys and girls on here that can be helpful, but also enjoy the opportunity to be grumpy.

I asked this same question a while ago.

If memory serves Sam, the owner of the forum, started it to get a big boat and retire :)

As it sits now, I think it's a great place to get feedback on ideas (especially if you can handle negative criticism), get feedback from other agents about other services (which should probably be taken with a grain of salt), learn about new products, have philosophical debates about the good and bad of carriers and congress, and have social (or asocial) conversation.

The best analogy I can come up with is it's like an old man's bar. There are a bunch of really experienced guys and girls on here that can be helpful, but also enjoy the opportunity to be grumpy.

Yeah???..............

Back