Pursuing LTCP Designation; Is AHIP Individual Membership Worth It?

sixty6

Expert
Chicago
I am going to be purchasing the LTCP classes through AHIP at the end of this month, and I couldn't help but notice the $60 course discount + $10 publication discount for members = $280 Total off all 4 x LTCP courses, whereas their annual membership only costs $295.

I was looking for input from anyone else that has AHIP membership if it's worth it and offers anything significant, or just a waste of time. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

originally posted by sixty6

I am going to be purchasing the LTCP classes through AHIP at the end of this month, and I couldn't help but notice the $60 course discount + $10 publication discount for members = $280 Total off all 4 x LTCP courses, whereas their annual membership only costs $295.

I was looking for input from anyone else that has AHIP membership if it's worth it and offers anything significant, or just a waste of time. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have an LTCP Designation and took the course in 2004. I don't recall an annual membership fee of $295. There was no annual fee then, but it's possible there's one now.

There are 2 LTCi Designations available:
LTCP & CLTC
LTCP will give you a general understanding about the business, market and product.
CLTC is geared towards selling the product in today's enviornment.

CLTC will cost about $1,100 with a $150/year membership renewal.

IMO, LTCP is geared more for the beginner and CLTC is for the advanced agent.

If I had to advise you of which one to take, if you have a fairly good understanding of the product and marketplace, then you should pass on LTCP and go for the CLTC designation.

Back