Pyramid Life, Pennsylvania Life, John Hancock

tommyk

Guru
100+ Post Club
Illinois
I have been approaced to sell for Pyramid Life, Pennsylvania Life and John Hancok for their Senior Products.
John Hancock would be for LTC
The others would be the normal: Med Supps, MA, Life, Cancer, Dental, PDP and annuities.
Anyone familier with them?
Thanks

Been there, done that. It depends who your office manager is. Mine screwed us big time. I would not go that route. If you are looking for a career shop I would go with Great Americn Senior Benefits. Commish is higher and the training should be just as good.

You may want to think of appointing as a G.A and be your own manager. (less stress, more money:)
Kimber:v_SPIN:

Went to a Pyramid certification class yesterday, and noticed a couple things.

Their projected 2008 coverage will have higher co-pays so OOP will be reached sooner. They will make 5 different calls to client at various stages after enrollment. (that's in addition to verification call).

Didn't think they raised premiums...but they used WI as a sample. (we're in GA). They gave us more forms for client to sign for balance of this year.

2008 enrollment apps will be 8 pages. (hah...pretty soon it will be thick like ltc packets....my comment)

Sat next to a gal who signed up 1300 enrollments.......man, made me feel like a piker in this business. She's young, ambitious, and travels several counties,. all this @ $125/enrollee. Now she went indy....and will make tons more.

VIVA......LAS M.A.

Went to a Pyramid certification class yesterday, and noticed a couple things.

Their projected 2008 coverage will have higher co-pays so OOP will be reached sooner. They will make 5 different calls to client at various stages after enrollment. (that's in addition to verification call).

Didn't think they raised premiums...but they used WI as a sample. (we're in GA). They gave us more forms for client to sign for balance of this year.

2008 enrollment apps will be 8 pages. (hah...pretty soon it will be thick like ltc packets....my comment)

Sat next to a gal who signed up 1300 enrollments.......man, made me feel like a piker in this business. She's young, ambitious, and travels several counties,. all this @ $125/enrollee. Now she went indy....and will make tons more.

VIVA......LAS M.A.

How in the world does someone enroll 1300 people? If you started on 11/15/06 and went until 06/22/07 (end of Open Enrollment), that's 31 weeks. That would be 42 enrollments per week. Let's assume she had an 80% closing ratio. That's 53 appointments per week. Working a 6 day work week, that's 9 appointments per day. I don't see how that's physically possible. Something doesn't smell right.

yEAH, I asked the same question. Maybe 3 diff times in 3 diff ways.

She worked lower income areas....prob apartment houses, and they would invite friends over. some she said had like 20 people there. So a 45 minute explanation of benefits, then she would enroll. Saves gas and travel, capiche?

She just worked smarter.....none of this one-on-one stuff. I've asked this same question on this forum in sev posts...and no one would answer....including you...didn't you say you wrote up 300 people thru the mail? How did you do that? How do you find 300 people to write up?

Probably hd a website or something where they were enrolling. Or maybe they did seminars a couple times a week.

Well, I don't think the website is the issue since he said she travels to several counties. I guess seminars are possible, but I don't know of anyone that can pay to have the seminar while only getting $125 per enrollment. And to be quite honest, it doesn't affect me one bit so I don't know why I even commented on it. If it is true, I'd love to do that for a couple of years and then take some time off.

yEAH, I asked the same question. Maybe 3 diff times in 3 diff ways.

She worked lower income areas....prob apartment houses, and they would invite friends over. some she said had like 20 people there. So a 45 minute explanation of benefits, then she would enroll. Saves gas and travel, capiche?

She just worked smarter.....none of this one-on-one stuff. I've asked this same question on this forum in sev posts...and no one would answer....including you...didn't you say you wrote up 300 people thru the mail? How did you do that? How do you find 300 people to write up?

Well there you go. Interesting. As for me, I didn't write 300 MA plans. But combine MA & Med Supp and PDP and I probably have written 300 in the past 7 months. The majority of my enrollments have been over the phone and through the mail. How do I get 300 people to write up? I pay for leads. And then I work those leads.

The great thing about working the MA and PDP market is that we have an opportunity to gain a new sell if there is a better product for their situation. At 1300 MA enrollments, if the commish stays at $330, she stands to make some serious dough come November 15th. I would call everyone of them and explain that I was sending out enrollment kits for the plan that best fits their situation. And then I think I would hire a couple of assistants to do nothing but put together packets to mail to these people. Heck, maybe pay the assistants $1 per kit they mail. I figure she would spend somewhere around $5k to pay the postage and the assistants. And the next thing you know she's made $400k plus. Not bad for 2 months work.

Well she is definitely going to roll them over, come OEP. That;s why she was there, plus she's signing up with other companies.

She had worked with UIG....united insurance group. She was wearing an black onyx ring they gave her for being top producer....(maybe it was black jade)...anyway.....we exchanged cards so if you come up with good probing questions, I'' be sure to call her.

Latest posts

Back