Pyramid: Today's Options MA and MA-PDP

PAC. I have had lots and lots of problems with SS. There have been numerous times when clients get a letter from the carrier that their payments are behind, they have been drafted from their SS check, and never forwarded to the carrier. Then they have to pay the carrier, call SS and tell then what happened, and wait to get the money back from the carrier when SS gives them the money.

That was not fun to type much less deal with.

SS was highly touted as the way to go in 2006. For most people it worked fine, but there are many untold thousands who never had the draft start at all and who got letters telling them to pay up at the end of the year. Or else they had 3-4 months drafted at once after it took months to get going. This evidently was a problem of communication b/w SS and Medicare since it seems to have occured regardless of who their PDP or MA carrier was.

I usually try to recommend another method unless they insist on SS check deduction, which is rare. If they go with SS I advise them to keep tabs on it since it will eventually have to be paid one way or another.

Just got paid!

Somewhere I saw a post asking about getting paid on MA plans. I sent two apps into Pyramid on 3/15/07 by snail-mail and just looked at my checking account, I bank on line, and they deposited $700.08 in my account already.

The deposit is actually dated 3/28/07.

No, that isn't for other apps I have sent in, these were the first two I have written for Pyramid.

Somewhere I saw a post asking about getting paid on MA plans. I sent two apps into Pyramid on 3/15/07 by snail-mail and just looked at my checking account, I bank on line, and they deposited $700.08 in my account already.

The deposit is actually dated 3/28/07.

No, that isn't for other apps I have sent in, these were the first two I have written for Pyramid.

Looks like you have a good cantract with that deposit. The best I saw for Pyramid was I believe $330 per app, and most others I was offered were far less than that.

Humana sometimes pays that quickly but sometimes it takes a little longer.

My contract is with Pyramid. I guess I don't understand why most agents don't go to the company first. I contract directly with an insurance company when ever I can.

I have yet to find an IMO, FMO, RMO (Rip Me Off :) that can do anything for me that I can't do for myself. I've had them tell me that they will handle my "paperwork", handle "complaints" give me a "base of operations", etc.

The only paperwork involves sending in apps. I can do that and there isn't any delay. I want to handle "complaints". Handling complaints quickly and effectively is one of the most important thing an agent can do to build loyalty and trust.

Why would I want my clients to be loyal to someone else?

Frank,

I agree 100%. Had I had more on the ball when MA Plans became popular, here in Georgia, I would have done my homework, and contracted directly with the Insurance Companies (the only one I am contracted with directly, at this point is the Evil Empire). I gave that up to get training from my FMO, and I believe they do a great job in that respect.

I have contacted Humana, to see about getting appointed directly with them, and they told me they only go through RM's or DM's.

I spoke with the Kaiser rep the other day, and even though they don't use agents at this point, he told me to be patient, and I will be pleasantly surprised this November.

What I like about Pyramid is their weekly teleconference call they have every Monday. I can listen to it at my convenience. Their rep is coming to my FMO's weekly meeting this Monday. I heard someone say that their FMO didn't do diddly squat for them. That's a shame. Mine has gone beyond the call of duty, and given me the resources I needed to make, and keep, sales.

I learned something very early on in my insurance sales career: part of something is better than all of nothing. I've seen many a sales rep crash and burn with their pride intact, but nothing else.

My FMO was also very upfront with how much they were going to hold back, and when I would receive the remainder. They were holding back 20% for three months. If my client did not cancel in the first three months, then I got the 20% back. If my client did cancel, then I didn't get my 20%. Unfair, maybe, but I'm picking up a nice amount tomorrow at the meeting.

My son's Bar Mitzvah is coming up the end of the month, and that money will come in handy. I didn't see it, didn't miss it, and now I'm getting it.

Bob, I agree. I think you have to look at each one individually and see if there is a real benefit to you as an agent. Enough of a benefit to give them some of your money. Some of them just want some of your money and provide you nothing that is really valuable. You've got a sweet deal with them giving it back to you.

I told another agent who has been selling Med Supps as long as I have to go directly with Pyramid. He didn't, he is giving up part of commission and getting nothing back in return except a place to pick up apps. That isn't worth giving up $20 per app to me. All I have to do is call Anthony and he sends me what ever I need.

With Pyramid, no one could offer me more than the guy with Pyramid, Anthony, and I get $350 for every app. If I felt that I needed training to sell it that might have been another story. However, Advantage plans are pretty much of a no brainer especially if you have been selling Med Supps.

So you guys don't see much value in something like SeniorMarkeSales.com ?

I didn't know I could go direct with Pyramid. I believe that the SMS folks I spoke with said they would not be taking any part of the MA commission... that they get an override, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I may have them confused with someone else.

So I should go direct, huh?

Al

So you guys don't see much value in something like SeniorMarkeSales.com ?

I didn't know I could go direct with Pyramid. I believe that the SMS folks I spoke with said they would not be taking any part of the MA commission... that they get an override, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I may have them confused with someone else.

So I should go direct, huh?

Al

What does SMS offer for Humana?

All I know is, if you are not getting $350 per app you are getting short changed. Actually, I got $350.04 per app.

I don't see much value in any of them. I don't need any of the "services" they claim to offer. I would rather do it all myself, then I know it is done right. I have had some of them really screw things up for me.

Last year I had a hell of a time getting all my Part D commission from PacificCare. And, it wasn't because of PacifiCare. It was a little girl (Yes I meant that to sound derogatory) in the office of the, what ever you call it, who didn't know what she was doing and kept blaming it on PacifiCare.

I finally called PacifiCare and they got it straightened out immediately.

I always first find out if I can license directly with the company first.

Back