question about carrier appointments

Depending on the GA, she could carry some weight. In particular, if that GA's agency is a top producer, she could certainly get decision makers on the phone. It depends on the structure of the carrier as to whether or not that would help. If the GA has to do something to support you for credit reasons, she might be hesitant to let you work on advanced commissions. If you get chargebacks, the likelihood of you walking is higher. The GA would have to pay your debt for reputation and then try to squeeze it from you.

I'm not meaning to indict your character. I'm just giving you the analysis as a third party. Things happen.

Yes-but each company uses their own criteria to license you. Some are more lenient than others, and the GA or MGA or IMO can step in to some degree for exceptions ....but I, for one, prefer the companies I am MGA and IMO for to not do me any favors because in turning someone down sometimes they protect me. How? Well, if I am the upline, and the downline gets advances, guess who pays the insurance company if the agent is terminated for cause and they leave with a debit balance?

Back