Question about GTL Medicare products

My mom is turning 76, and although her MAPD plan has served her well...now that she's getting older she's thinking about getting into a Medigap Plan G (I talked her out of an F).

I was talking a look at some of the companies I work with and I've sold some GTL Hospital Indemnities in the past. However I was looking into their Supplement policy for her (She's in PA).

Can anyone tell me if there has ever been a issue paying, or how much their rates generally go up? I'm used to working with companies like Aetna and Cigna when it comes to these policies and am just not that familiar with GTL to speak with confidence on them.

Thanks

My mom is turning 76, and although her MAPD plan has served her well...now that she's getting older she's thinking about getting into a Medigap Plan G (I talked her out of an F).

I was talking a look at some of the companies I work with and I've sold some GTL Hospital Indemnities in the past. However I was looking into their Supplement policy for her (She's in PA).

Can anyone tell me if there has ever been a issue paying, or how much their rates generally go up? I'm used to working with companies like Aetna and Cigna when it comes to these policies and am just not that familiar with GTL to speak with confidence on them.

Thanks
I've never sold GTL's Med Supp, but I have sold their sister company UNL's Med Supp, which were actually through GTL(even GTL plays the shell game). Their premium's gotten really high and I've moved all of the one's that can qualify to other companies. GTL has had Med Supps in the past, then closed the book. GTL hasn't had their current Med Supp out very long, so there's no rate increase history to look at.

Like yankee466 said, they all pay the same. Why are you looking at GTL instead of Aetna or Cigna? I'd be more comfortable with their future rate stability than I would GTL's.

Last edited:
Actually, AARP rating is higher and they have been in the Medicare insurance business considerably longer.

I know this because Jbage always talks about AARP's AM Best rating.

Plus, AARP has 38 million members. The other carrier has maybe 12

I've never sold GTL's Med Supp, but I have sold their sister company UNL's Med Supp, which were actually through GTL(even GTL plays the shell game). Their premium's gotten really high and I've moved all of the one's that can qualify to other companies. GTL has had Med Supps in the past, then closed the book. GTL hasn't had their current Med Supp out very long, so there's no rate increase history to look at.

Like yankee466 said, they all pay the same. Why are you looking at GTL instead of Aetna or Cigna? I'd be more comfortable with their future rate stability than I would GTL's.

That's the info I was looking for. The only reason I was looking at GTL's was it's about $120 bucks cheaper annually. However if the rate jumps up or their are issues paying, it's not worth it. Luckily my Mom is in pretty good health.

I have a client in south GA that goes to Mayo in JAX. Can't tell you how many time he has called because they didn't pay xs charges.

Back