Question About Hail Damage and Time Limits

chamness3

need help. had major hail damage to my mustang last year. $9000.00 worth. claim filed and repairs made. a lot of people I know got cancelled policies, but I did not. I replaced my roof out of my pocket to help avoid this. the following summer(this year), got minor hail damage to both vehicles. did not file a claim out of fear of being cancelled. low and behold, my son turns 15, gets his permit and backs into the neighbors dump truck. had to get the car fixed, filed claim and repairs were made. 4 months later, get a letter from state farm stating that I will not be renewed in January. since they are dumping me, can I go back and file hail damage claims on my vehicles before my policy is up, or have I waited too long. damage was in june>

Probably too late. You have a duty to inform them within a reasonable period of time and you're way past that at this point.

You can file the claim. They will ask a LOT of questions about why you delayed in reporting it. Ultimately, they may or may not pay the claim, but hey....

Even if they deny the claim, you are not out anything at that point.

Hail is considered an act of god and does not usually result in cancelled (non-renewed) policies, unless the carrier is non-renewing the area. You should have just filed the claim when it happened.

Dan

You can file the claim. They will ask a LOT of questions about why you delayed in reporting it. Ultimately, they may or may not pay the claim, but hey....

Even if they deny the claim, you are not out anything at that point.

Hail is considered an act of god and does not usually result in cancelled (non-renewed) policies, unless the carrier is non-renewing the area. You should have just filed the claim when it happened.

Dan

My insurance paid a hail damage claim almost 12 months after the damage. The color of my paint and light damage I had was enough that I didn't notice it at the time and only realized one day when the sun shined just right.

need help. had major hail damage to my mustang last year. $9000.00 worth. claim filed and repairs made. a lot of people I know got cancelled policies, but I did not. I replaced my roof out of my pocket to help avoid this. the following summer(this year), got minor hail damage to both vehicles. did not file a claim out of fear of being cancelled. low and behold, my son turns 15, gets his permit and backs into the neighbors dump truck. had to get the car fixed, filed claim and repairs were made. 4 months later, get a letter from state farm stating that I will not be renewed in January. since they are dumping me, can I go back and file hail damage claims on my vehicles before my policy is up, or have I waited too long. damage was in june>

State Farm gives you two years to file a claim for storm damage!! I would also check with your State Insurance commissioner about your cancellation. Hail is considered "an act of god" under most State Insurance Laws. You should not be cancelled for a hail claim. Again I'm not sure about your state, but that could be Insurance fraud against State Farm. YES FILE THAT CLAIM, It's why you have the coverage and pay a premium I'm sure:1cute:

State Farm gives you two years to file a claim for storm damage!! I would also check with your State Insurance commissioner about your cancellation. Hail is considered "an act of god" under most State Insurance Laws. You should not be cancelled for a hail claim. Again I'm not sure about your state, but that could be Insurance fraud against State Farm. YES FILE THAT CLAIM, It's why you have the coverage and pay a premium I'm sure:1cute:

Thanks roof smith.

He's probably been waiting on your answer since November. :no:

Perhaps he can still file?

Can someone tell me of State Farm will still accept Hail damage claims for roofs within 2 years of filing a claim. Had a confirmed hail storm in my zip code in August of 2020.

State Farm gives you two years to file a claim for storm damage!! I would also check with your State Insurance commissioner about your cancellation. Hail is considered "an act of god" under most State Insurance Laws. You should not be cancelled for a hail claim.

Back