Question about Humana

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I want to sell their Medicare Supplement in FL. No interest in certifying to be able to sell their MA products. Does the company allow an agent to contract and sell Medicare Supplements only with no certification.

I don't sell in FL but I'd imagine you could find much more competitive rates with other carriers. Why not certify? It's a more appropriate product for FE clientele. FL has a big MA penetration rate from what I hear also.

Humana's Medicare Supplement rates here in the panhandle are very competitive. I don't want to sell MA. Too many horror stories after people get sick and need care. Provider networks are less than adequate. Still wanting someone to answer my question.

Yes you can. You’d have to contact agent support for the contract info. Their contact info is on Humana.com under agents/brokers. I’m contracted with them in FL for my snow birds.

I don't sell in FL but I'd imagine you could find much more competitive rates with other carriers. Why not certify? It's a more appropriate product for FE clientele. FL has a big MA penetration rate from what I hear also.

Not only are they the cheapest is many counties, they are the only one to offer Silver sneakers with it.

To the OP, I’m not sure to be honest. When I asked if I could sell their med supps they said I was auto contracted for their med supps when I first contracted. So I would think you have to do it all. I’m really surprised of the horror stories you have heard. I’ve yet to have one in 9 years. Apart from part D. That is usually a horror story with someone on multiple brand name drugs and no extra help.

This last aep I had a client on a humana PPO get hospitalized for 4 days and inpatient rehab for 10 days. He said his only bill was around $700. And he would never change

I have had bad luck trying to sell MA. I am sure in certain areas they are a good fit.

Yeah in central Fl and when I was in Jax, mapd accounts for a majority of my sales. Maybe 70%. Most people I meet don’t currently have insurance or are paying $20 for an ACA plan. It’s tough to go from that to $134 plus $180 med supp and $20 part d.

I get at least 1 call a week from a person on a MA plan who are unhappy because their doctor no longer accepts it. Talked to a home nurse yesterday who told me of the cost her patients incur because of having a MA. I realize there is an OOP max, but the premium on a MS is much less than this amount.
I don't like confusion. That is why I quit selling mutual funds. Had people blaming me for their losses. With a MS I can state with confidence what benefits the client will receive as long as they pay their monthly premium.
Monday I turned 61. 1 more year and I will start receiving SS benefits. This with renewals will pay my bills and leave some for fishing and hunting. Too old and been doing this too long. Will stay active, but I won't miss the daily struggles.

I have had bad luck trying to sell MA. I am sure in certain areas they are a good fit.

Honestly, I found its best for me not to try to sell MA or Medsupp but go over the basic differences

I find some people might say they want MA then by presenting the MA plan they decide to go with the Supp, If I didn't have MA to show they may have gone to another Agent.

I have been surprised at times who bought MA and who bought Medsupp. A lot of people do well Medsupp only but FL market would be tough to do Medsupp only

I happily did 2 Aetna med supps today all over the phone. Make sure you carry them billy. They were the lowest priced for both of these t65’s and Aetna just raised the commission rate to 21%!
$462 for a t65 is amazing in FL.

But as far as calls go for mapd I might get 1-2 calls a year about someone losing their Dr. Must be tough going up north.

Back