Question about Humana

I get at least 1 call a week from a person on a MA plan who are unhappy because their doctor no longer accepts it. Talked to a home nurse yesterday who told me of the cost her patients incur because of having a MA. I realize there is an OOP max, but the premium on a MS is much less than this amount.
I don't like confusion. That is why I quit selling mutual funds. Had people blaming me for their losses. With a MS I can state with confidence what benefits the client will receive as long as they pay their monthly premium.
Monday I turned 61. 1 more year and I will start receiving SS benefits. This with renewals will pay my bills and leave some for fishing and hunting. Too old and been doing this too long. Will stay active, but I won't miss the daily struggles.

And this is the very reason I tell clients, "MA Plans are great since it's little or no premium, by God help you if you ever get sick!"

My home county of Okaloosa county has very few providers. I once went to a meeting and the presenter kept saying the local network was extensive. Got home and looked and there were 4 doctors available. I called the rep and questioned him and he told me to have people change their PCP. If I am happy with my care I ain't changing doctors.

I just spoke to my Humana rep. They just announced a 5% rate increase on medsupps in FL effective June 1.

Nice to know. Not a bad rate increase. Since this thread came out, I’ve written them maybe 7-10 times but I still stick with consistency and low price. That’s UHC in Fl for Med supps. They average about a 3% increase for the last 15 years. 5% for Humana is not bad.

Latest posts

Back