Question about Humana's Medicare Supplement

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I submitted a contract to Humana today. On the quote engine that my up line uses they have 2 rates. For example a male 65 notobacco Plan F shows a monthly rate of $190.29 and $200.86. What is the difference?

Thanks Chazm. Their lowest rate here in the panhandle is the best I have seen for most plans. Do you know their history as far as rate increases?

I Always let people know that their rates in Florida have always been one of the highest. Recently they had a huge decrease of around 30%. So we have no real idea of what kind of rate increases they can have. They do offer silver sneakers though.

Lately I’ve been quoting a lot of humana and Aetna. Aetna is sweet with their 21 or 22% commissions in FL

I submitted a contract to Humana today. On the quote engine that my up line uses they have 2 rates. For example a male 65 notobacco Plan F shows a monthly rate of $190.29 and $200.86. What is the difference?

The difference is $10.57.

You're welcome. I'm pretty good at math.

Rick

I get 20% with Aetna, but just started writing them again. Might get a bump if my production increases.
I thought when I switched from targeting FE to Medicare I could easily write 10 apps a month. Well I started by working TM leads and those have been as difficult to reach as the DM for FE was. Have called and door knocked with little results. Just mailed my first 1000 postcards this week so I am hoping for better results. My realistic goal now has been downgraded to 5 apps monthly.
Back in the 90's before Tricare for Life and MA I was writing 30 apps a month. Things have really changed since then.

I get 20% with Aetna, but just started writing them again. Might get a bump if my production increases.
I thought when I switched from targeting FE to Medicare I could easily write 10 apps a month. Well I started by working TM leads and those have been as difficult to reach as the DM for FE was. Have called and door knocked with little results. Just mailed my first 1000 postcards this week so I am hoping for better results. My realistic goal now has been downgraded to 5 apps monthly.
Back in the 90's before Tricare for Life and MA I was writing 30 apps a month. Things have really changed since then.

I think Aetna just bumped street level in FL to 21% in feb. Up from 15%. That’s pretty nice considering a plan F is close to $200

I am not sure why you are selling them a Plan F, sell them a Plan G. Do the right thing for your client. 2020, Plan F is ending and if your clients are still in them, rates with jump sky high.

I am not sure why you are selling them a Plan F, sell them a Plan G. Do the right thing for your client. 2020, Plan F is ending and if your clients are still in them, rates with jump sky high.

Never happened to plan J here in FL.
I let my clients know that it’s a possibility that it can happen to plan F but it’s not guaranteed.

A lot of my clients choose plan N but I just did my first two plan G’s recently here.

Back