Question about my dad's life insurance after his passing

nalene

Hello! First time posting!

My dad recently passed at a little past 70; additionally, he passed from self-inflicted injury due to a horrible bout with a debilitating disease. Here is the link to his plan policy:
Product Details | Lincoln Financial

I'm completely new to all this; I know the best way is to call the life insurance company and ask for an explanation, but I just wanted to have an idea of what to expect at this point! Would it be possible for anyone to help interpret this so I can see if there is any chance that we would still be able to be recipients of his life insurance? Also, the company is still billing us monthly for his life insurance.

A huge thank you! My family and I genuinely appreciate your help!

First of all, I am sorry for your loss.

Start by calling the company and reporting his death. They can stop the draft and send you claim forms.

What state did your father live in and how long has he had the policy? Every policy has a suicide clause. In most states it is 2 years but some states have shorter periods or conditions for when it is allowed. It will be in the policy and Lincoln will gladly tell you. If the suicide clause does apply and prevents payment of benefits, the beneficiary would still be entitled to a return of all premiums.

My dad recently passed at a little past 70; additionally, he passed from self-inflicted injury due to a horrible bout with a debilitating disease. Here is the link to his plan policy:

I'm completely new to all this; I know the best way is to call the life insurance company and ask for an explanation, but I just wanted to have an idea of what to expect at this point! Would it be possible for anyone to help interpret this so I can see if there is any chance that we would still be able to be recipients of his life insurance? Also, the company is still billing us monthly for his life insurance.

As Volagent said. The dates are going to be important. Also what the death certificate says. You show you are in California. If he was in California also the suicide period is two years. His agent should be helping you.

Also as Volagent said, Lincoln National will give the beneficiary all the information to start the claim process.

I just PM'd my business email to you. I would be willing to have a short conversation on filing a claim. If that helps. Lee

Back