Question About Ticket on a Minor

BibH

Guru
100+ Post Club
In another thread i said how my son who doesn't live with me totaled my truck. My insurance paid no problem. He's under his mother's policy and got 2 minor tickets. we got a letter form a lawyer who scours courthouse records and it acted like he could get the tickets expunged so his insurance wouldn't rise. My question is can a lawyer make a ticket invisible to an insurance company ? I remember 8 yrs ago i got a ticket and went to court and they said if your driving record is good go to this room and pay it and it won't show up on your mvr? Is it possible to keep these tickets off my son's mvr?

Bump. Need an answer as time to pay the fine by mail coming up. Thanks. The question is if I hire a lawyer can I keep this off my sons mvr are is it a waste of time? Thanks

The rules vary a lot by state and also what type of ticket they are.

In a lot of areas, you can get one ticket removed pretty easily by doing a 'class' though this may not apply for a minor.

I would assume the lawyer knows what he is talking about, just make sure he only gets paid if he is successful. Also, make sure his fee isn't more then the full cost of the tickets.

Dan

Back