Question About United Health Appointment

Ryan2016

I became appointed with United Health in October of 2013. However, I did not sell a single policy with them until Open Enrollment for 2016 plans. I contacted broker support and the Regional Support Agent in September to confirm that I was still eligible to sell. Both confirmed my good standing and I began selling on exchange for 2016, despite the lowered commission structure.

Today I received a letter dated January 15 stating that I was now approved to sell United on the Marketplace. Has anyone else experienced this? It seems that this is way out of left field, especially since I was told I was already able to sell their products, by multiple people. I am confused, frustrated, upset, scared etc about this. If they are saying I could not have been selling previously I stand to lose thousands of dollars. I'm hoping it's just some sort of backlog or clerical situation.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Calling the carrier is the only way to find out for sure. You could wait until first few days of Feb to see if you get paid. Good luck.

I called them this morning and basically the girl told me that she really was not sure about why I received this letter, but it was loaded in the system. I explained to her the entire situation and she "escalated" the issue for me.

Basically, I have to wait to hear back from them!

Anyone else have an insight?

Calling the carrier is the only way to find out for sure. You could wait until first few days of Feb to see if you get paid. Good luck.

Does UHC wait until February to pay on January effective dates? Haven't gotten a dime yet on January 1st issued business.

Latest posts

Back