Question About Washington National (Conseco) Opportunity

TylerP

Expert
Hey fellas,

I have a friend who recently reached out to me to discuss an "opportunity" he had received from a company called Washington National (a Conseco Affiliate or something of that nature). Now, I have just been researching them through google and on the forums for the past 30 minutes and I've found a whole lot of negative feedback about them. I, of course, know that you will always find negative reviews because not everyone runs to the internet to post their positive ones, but for some reason, this company really seems to have a bad reputation. Can anyone fill me in on their thoughts/opinions about them?

Just a little context surrounding his discussion with the "Territory Manager". Basically, the guy claimed my friend can make 114k in his first year, average 5 apps per week with 20 leads that are given by them. Excuse my language, but that seems like a crock of ****. First off, is it the norm to sell 5 apps per week at an average rate of $100 dollars per month? I highly doubt it. Also, the guy never elaborated on the quality of leads other than they were going to rural areas. And I am pretty sure he didn't talk about compensation for travel and stay and things of that nature.

I am a Independent Agent that sells P&C, Life, and health but I have no idea about these type of companies.

Thanks for reading. I tried to keep it short... well, shorter*

Hey fellas,

I have a friend who recently reached out to me to discuss an "opportunity" he had received from a company called Washington National (a Conseco Affiliate or something of that nature). Now, I have just been researching them through google and on the forums for the past 30 minutes and I've found a whole lot of negative feedback about them. I, of course, know that you will always find negative reviews because not everyone runs to the internet to post their positive ones, but for some reason, this company really seems to have a bad reputation. Can anyone fill me in on their thoughts/opinions about them?

Just a little context surrounding his discussion with the "Territory Manager". Basically, the guy claimed my friend can make 114k in his first year, average 5 apps per week with 20 leads that are given by them. Excuse my language, but that seems like a crock of ****. First off, is it the norm to sell 5 apps per week at an average rate of $100 dollars per month? I highly doubt it. Also, the guy never elaborated on the quality of leads other than they were going to rural areas. And I am pretty sure he didn't talk about compensation for travel and stay and things of that nature.

I am a Independent Agent that sells P&C, Life, and health but I have no idea about these type of companies.

Thanks for reading. I tried to keep it short... well, shorter*

They've got a VERY shady past. They're a sister company to Bankers Life and Colonial Penn. Need I say more?:skeptical:

What is the bottom line on this company. They are out here in west Texas looking for sales people. Look at them or run?

They've got a VERY shady past. They're a sister company to Bankers Life and Colonial Penn. Need I say more?:skeptical:

I have a contract with them.. I have not found them to be anything like Bankers. They have some pretty good Cancer/CI products... And, they are the only company I know of that can say they have never raised the premium on an in force cancer policy. They have some of the best support material for the cancer product I have seen. Their accident policy has no occupation restrictions of any kind. Their FE product is priced good and fairly easy to get issued.

I've worked with them in the past and gone out there to Indiana for their events etc. and I liked them. Stopped using them when their voice signature recording requirements got too complicated, but i did like their products, super easy cross sell when you include quote in individual health. Decent pay too. I would never be a captive agent for any company though.

Back