Question for Guys Selling Med Supps Oer the Phone

finalexpenseguru

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm enrolling clients over the phone. I feel having a point of sale approval is important since it is an emotional purchase (even though they are buying on saving real dollars). What carriers are your favorite for phone sales?

I like New Era but they dont offer point of sale approval. Equitable is great for most cases I have found, Oxford gives POS approval but still requires 2 wet signatures.

If you could write any carrier (and underwriting wasn't a factor) who is the easiest to use for you and the client? I am selling in all the southern states (tn/ga/al/tx/nc/sc/etc)

I'm enrolling clients over the phone. I feel having a point of sale approval is important since it is an emotional purchase (even though they are buying on saving real dollars). What carriers are your favorite for phone sales?

I like New Era but they dont offer point of sale approval. Equitable is great for most cases I have found, Oxford gives POS approval but still requires 2 wet signatures.

If you could write any carrier (and underwriting wasn't a factor) who is the easiest to use for you and the client? I am selling in all the southern states (tn/ga/al/tx/nc/sc/etc)

If price and underwriting is not a factor, nor commissions, I'd go with Medico.

Rick

Equitable would be my #1 if commission and rates weren't a factor. New Era #2 then Medico. All of them are pretty close though and very easy to work with. All supp companies should model these 3.

I'm enrolling clients over the phone. I feel having a point of sale approval is important since it is an emotional purchase (even though they are buying on saving real dollars). What carriers are your favorite for phone sales? I like New Era but they dont offer point of sale approval. Equitable is great for most cases I have found, Oxford gives POS approval but still requires 2 wet signatures. If you could write any carrier (and underwriting wasn't a factor) who is the easiest to use for you and the client? I am selling in all the southern states (tn/ga/al/tx/nc/sc/etc)

I rarely have a Medicare Supplement purchase be an emotional one. And not having a POS approval has never been an issue. Personally, rate and rate history are what I determine to be most important. And having an e-app is important as well.

Medico and Equitable. New Era has just been OK for me, they have pretty strict underwriting, they can be hard to get in touch with and you can't even see your current book of business on the agent portal. Yes they are competative in most places and thry dont ask for RXs on the app and they underwrite quickly.

Medico and Equitable. New Era has just been OK for me, they have pretty strict underwriting, they can be hard to get in touch with and you can't even see your current book of business on the agent portal. Yes they are competative in most places and thry dont ask for RXs on the app and they underwrite quickly.

I have never had a single issue with New Era. I agree with not being able to see your book of business being a pain, but as long as you read the application and underwriting guide, they are really straightforward. I have only had one decline and it was a shot in the dark to begin with.

I have never had a single issue with New Era. I agree with not being able to see your book of business being a pain, but as long as you read the application and underwriting guide, they are really straightforward. I have only had one decline and it was a shot in the dark to begin with.

Same here for New Era. I have yet to have one declined. I did have one who said she misunderstood me when I asked about using any form of tobacco in the last 5 years. She thought I said in the last year. She had quit smoking 14 months prior.

And early on I had one where I made the mistake of asking if she had smoked in the last 5 years. When I got notification she received tobacco rates I called New Era to ask why and they said she stated during the phone interview that she dipped snuff. I remember when I was a kid seeing an elderly woman who dipped snuff. I thought that was the strangest thing and didn't think I'd ever see that again. But 30+ years later I came across another one.

But they are really straight forward. And the e-app is really simple. I'd love to be able to see my book of business on their website, but that's what CRM's are for.

Back