Question for Med Supp Agents

saintstigers

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
For those that sell primarily Medicare Supplements, what do you do with those senior clients that you meet with that don't want a Med Supp, and insist on having a Medicare Advantage plan?

- Do you refer them to a MA agent?

- Contract with a couple of MA plans so as not to lose a sale?

For those that sell primarily Medicare Supplements, what do you do with those senior clients that you meet with that don't want a Med Supp, and insist on having a Medicare Advantage plan?

- Do you refer them to a MA agent?

- Contract with a couple of MA plans so as not to lose a sale?

I sell both. I started as a MA agent and transitioned over to doing both. I personally believe you are missing the boat by not having both, but others will disagree. Why refer the business away. The certs and complaince aren't the nightmare some agents make them out to be. Message me if you need any help or want to ask any other questions.

For those that sell primarily Medicare Supplements, what do you do with those senior clients that you meet with that don't want a Med Supp, and insist on having a Medicare Advantage plan? - Do you refer them to a MA agent? - Contract with a couple of MA plans so as not to lose a sale?
Option 2 for me. I don't find the certification requirements and marketing rules for MA plans enough of a deterrent to give up the comp.

Contract with a couple of MA plans so as not to lose a sale

Also you will be surprised how many insist on MA, And then want to switch to Supp a year or so later, You can do both sales If you explain it right.

It's absolutely worth it to get contracted for MA. It's kind of a pain in the butt to do the certifications each year, but the money from not having to walk away from a sale is worth the headache.

So if the original call was prospecting for a Med Supp and the prospect says they want MA, then we should get scope of appointment and continue with sales call or make appointment to call back later to discuss MA plan?

So if the original call was prospecting for a Med Supp and the prospect says they want MA, then we should get scope of appointment and continue with sales call or make appointment to call back later to discuss MA plan?

Scope of Appointment is for face-to-face....

Why miss out on a sale? Depending the areas you're clients are living in can also depend on their bank accounts. Some can't afford a supplement policy plus a PDP. I wouldnt pass a sale..I'll explain all the pros and cons of both plans and let them make the decision. I do have to put food on my table. You should contract with some companies to sell it. The only thing that sucks is the testing you have to go thru to certify every year...

If you want to be a well rounded agent then why not sell both? It's not that difficult to follow the rules and why not be able to help every person you meet?

Back