Question for Michigan Health Producers

GAJ638

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a family member who needs to provide health insurance to two children ages 3 and 1 due to a divorce. He is employed out of state and his dependent child coverage through work is around $600 a month. I suggested he get two individual health plans in Michigan but someone in that state told him that Michigan insurance law did not have individual policies for children in Michigan. Is this true? I have done this in NC for a number of clients.

I have a family member who needs to provide health insurance to two children ages 3 and 1 due to a divorce. He is employed out of state and his dependent child coverage through work is around $600 a month. I suggested he get two individual health plans in Michigan but someone in that state told him that Michigan insurance law did not have individual policies for children in Michigan. Is this true? I have done this in NC for a number of clients.

that is not true at all Health Plus in Michigan will do child only Health Insurance at a very good rate, these are GI and can be done online at their web site, hope this helps

I am an agent in MI and the info the poster above gave you is correct the best option is to go with Health Plus of MI.

I am an agent in MI and the info the poster above gave you is correct the best option is to go with Health Plus of MI.

Thanks. Can you give me an agent who can handle this in Michigan? If you can provide a phone number I would appreciate it. I will take it from there. I really appreciate it.

Back