Question for the Board About a Former Arrest

term1

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Ok i pretty much know the answer to this question but i want some feed back. 4 years ago i got very sick and went bonkers. The police didn't know i was sick and i hit one and got a felony charge of obstruction of justice. i was in the hospital for 4 months. anyway to make along story short before any trial or anything when given the info the DA dropped all charges as Nolle prossed and on my record it has DISMISSED. In my state on the application to get licensed it only asks If you've been convicted of a felony or currently have a felony charge against you. My charges were dismissed as if they never happened and all my truthful answers are no. My question is this. In about 60-90 days this will be off my record completely as it will be expunged like it never happened. but i've thrown this question to 10 people and they've all said it was dismissed and go ahead and get your license as it was dismissed and will have zero bearing on getting your license. Its like a guys accused acused of robbery but the truth is he was 1000 miles away and charges are dropped. anyone can be accused of something but when the charges are dropped its like nothing happend. I've passed my test and want to get my stuff into the state as waiting for it to be expunged could throw me back 6 months as the state is slow as crap.My question is should i just send my stuff into the state now or wait till its off record bearing in mind all charges were dropped 2 years ago. any feed back appreciated

I would proceed. You have no felony conviction.

For insurance, it won't matter. If you are also applying for a securities license, you might want to wait on that part. The questions on those forms are different.

Dan

Back