Question for those that Make Cold Calls - How Many Calls Do You Make a Month?

How many calls per telemarketer do you make?

• Up to 1,000

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Up to 2,000

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Up to 3,000

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Up to 4,000

• Up to 5,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5,000

• Total voters
Hate to disagree but there are agents specializing in FE that make $100K+ that never cold call... So it certainly isn't necessary to the survival of any sales career.
Sounds good to me. Who do I contact...

----------

As many as it takes to get two appointments per day.
easier said then done. I have tried list from sales genie, USA Date, etc might get 1 appointment out of 100 dials. Any suggestions. really, Anybody? not afraid of making calls but would love to have a list worth calling..

I'm thinking about giving you a shot in 2016. Tell me about your experience doing t65 appt setting

Don't use this guy - he's a scammer - I sent him 100 bucks - He wanted more money, but I told him I'd give him a shot with $100 first and if it panned out I'd do a lot more - He "scheduled" 3 appointments right around the corner from each other in the same town - the first house no one spoke English, the second appointment was a business, the appointment he scheduled they didn't know I was coming - DO NOT USE THIS GUY!

I second the motion that this guy is scam. His name is Carl Taylor and his phone number is 402 578 3881 and he claims he is from Nebraska.

Pretty sure he hustled me for 50.00.

Anyone from Nebraska wanna pay Carl a visit and we can make a side arrangement?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sounds good to me. Who do I contact...

----------

easier said then done. I have tried list from sales genie, USA Date, etc might get 1 appointment out of 100 dials. Any suggestions. really, Anybody? not afraid of making calls but would love to have a list worth calling..

When you say you get about only one appointment out of 100 dials, it made me wonder how many people you actually TALK to out of those dials. AND, who are you calling on?

I've been making up to 100 calls every Monday for many many years (unless I am on hiatus or vacation, which really is probably a little too often.lol)---if I have a non-productive Monday, then Tuesdays have to be call days too.

It will vary how many people I will talk to based on what area I am calling. For instance, I just finished a very rural area, and was calling an old list, and barely got any answers, and did get many disconnected numbers (small business owners list). Well, then I just switched lists to a newer updated one.

However, if I talk to 20 people out of 100 dials, I should be making 2 solid appointments, which will lead to at least two good sales (I cross-sell, and often get 4 out of w appointments).

And, I should tell you that I am not a great talker on the phone, or at least I don't think so....nor do I consider myself "slick" or anything of the like. Basically, I rather suck on the phone, but make enough phone calls with the right "script" and every squirrel's will get a nut or two just by default.

I have often even just cold called right off google or yellow pages...with the same results. This was my favorite method for over a year...and, I actually think the results were slightly better...don't know why, but I thought to myself maybe bc these people were not ALL on the lists others were getting. Also, because you usually have to ask for the "business owner", something most agents hate doing, whereas I don't mind.

You should average 2 out of every 20...not sure who your "target" is, but in the small business world that I've only ever prospected, these numbers work out like clock work, with the right script, attitude, etc.

I'm talking averages here....sometimes it's only 1 appointment, sometimes it's 4. Not sure if your doing this, but one suggestion is to track everything....Dials, Answers, # talked to, #who hung up, lol, -- I even track the one's I talk to and what they said as to why they were or were not interested. It helps to really get the big clear picture over about a few months. Not sure how many times your getting one appointment (and you didn't say if that turned into an actual sale in general).

Lakshmi.........would you mind sharing your calling script and what products you cross sell?

Thanks

Back