Question for you experts. No Patriots fans please.

Cornelius

Guru
1000 Post Club
I've been viewing some agent videos on you tube. Mostly on the FE side because that seems to be the most available. Something was mentioned about just working a system and not reinventing the wheel. Basically find a mentor or top producer and just do what they do. Keep it simple.

My question is how many of you have a system you are committed to? Or have you seen someone just work a system day in and day out to success? I have and it was/is in the MLM of financial services world. Please no debates because some people do make it work and the ones who do seem to be committed to a system.

Is the key to success within the industry to just basically become a robot? Run a system Next. Run a system Next. Run a system Next...

I am 100% commercial p&c. I have a system from what I learned in a training class, and then refined and adjusted for my sales technique and niche that I developed, and I have been sharpening it and fine tuning it constantly. I apply that to about half of my sales. The other half doesn't work as well with the custom designed system, so I don't use it. This system is so successful that I have 17 referrals sitting on my desk from the last 3 auto repair shops that I wrote, and I have enough business coming in that I just don't have time to get to them right now.

Half of my income is from auto repair shops. The other half is a mix of all other businesses, partly because I don't want to turn away the referrals, partly because it keeps things interesting, and also because auto repair shops rarely turn into big accounts, but others may.

From the last paragraph of your post, it sounds like you are leery about implementing a system for fear of getting bored. Care to comment on that?

Is the key to success within the industry to just basically become a robot? Run a system Next. Run a system Next. Run a system Next...

Your definition of 'system' is completely off. A system is a method of operating, but not being robotic.

Wayne Cotton calls it structured communication language.
Do you still "wing it"?

And if you don't have a 'system' or 'method' that works for you, you'll always be winging it. Have a pattern and adjust the pattern continually until you love it and the results it is generating for you.

Btw, if The Great Mehdi Fakharzadeh says you need a system... you need a system.

https://www.insuranceproshop.com/2018/04/16/great-mehdi-fakharzadeh-shares-secrets/

“You are different from all other financial services practitioners. You have unique abilities and individual strengths. All of the world’s most successful insurance agents and financial planners are using a proven insurance sales system! A system that is carefully structured especially for them! And it’s a system tailored to take advantage of their strengths. Such a sales system is proven to produce the best sales results.

Unfortunately, most financial advisors use a sales system that actually works against them. Why would you actually support a sales system that works against you?

Let’s face it, your failure is certain if you use no system at all. And you can expect limited sales results by using a sales system that is wrong for you. Using the wrong insurance sales system, (A sales system that does not work well for you!) makes your life and your insurance sales career far more difficult.

So, only a proven sales system that is tailored to you, will enable you to reach your maximum potential!”

Years ago they discovered that assembly lines designed to maximize all important metrics to be profitable, predictable, and sustainable, works better than buying some parts and fartin around until a car gets built.

Years ago they discovered that assembly lines designed to maximize all important metrics to be profitable, predictable, and sustainable, works better than buying some parts and fartin around until a car gets built.

Lolz, I was thinking about bringing that up in my post. Also the predictable success of franchises that leverages a similar concept of profitability through efficiency.

I am 100% commercial p&c. I have a system from what I learned in a training class, and then refined and adjusted for my sales technique and niche that I developed, and I have been sharpening it and fine tuning it constantly. I apply that to about half of my sales. The other half doesn't work as well with the custom designed system, so I don't use it. This system is so successful that I have 17 referrals sitting on my desk from the last 3 auto repair shops that I wrote, and I have enough business coming in that I just don't have time to get to them right now.

Half of my income is from auto repair shops. The other half is a mix of all other businesses, partly because I don't want to turn away the referrals, partly because it keeps things interesting, and also because auto repair shops rarely turn into big accounts, but others may.

From the last paragraph of your post, it sounds like you are leery about implementing a system for fear of getting bored. Care to comment on that?

Not so much about being bored but long term sustainability. I've seen a few people implement and run their own system but it seems like the masses always want to reinvent the wheel.

It would seem like being a robot in the insurance world would work especially with prospecting as with prospecting there is a huge emotion or fear factor. Take the emotion out of the equation and just do it and then repeat.

I've seen a few people implement and run their own system but it seems like the masses always want to reinvent the wheel.

Just my opinion, but those who are successful (who aren't the 'masses') take a solid foundation for success and mold it to fit their own style and the people they serve.

I think you have posted about those 17 referrals in every thread on here lol

Back