Question from Newbie Captive Agent

blaze1x

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm straight commission with a captive agency that only sells Assurant. We work long hours Monday and Tuesday in order to set our appointments for the week. If we don't sell at least four apps we're supposed to come in on Saturday for training--because obviously we're not following the program right. We're provided with telemarketed leads we're the prospects are supposed to be expecting our call.

My question is this: What would be considered a good week under these circumstances for a newbie? I mean, how much would a good weekly check be in order to qualify as a kick ass week? I'm not going to say what I brought home one week, but the higher ups seem to be making a big deal out of it, and some of the other people who've been working a couple of months longer than I have and whose opinion I respect, seem to think my check was a big deal. I'm hoping not because it was my expectation to regularly bring home checks of that amount.

Any advice or insights? With this captive agency I get 15 percent until, I guess, I have produced enough active apps and then I'll go to twenty percent.

Thanks.

It is all relative to how many leads you are getting as to how many apps you should be placing. I would assume you are getting an average of 3500 AV per app submitted so if you place 4 a week you should be bringing home close to 4,000 a week. Most agents do not write 4 in a week.

If money is not your issue I would get out of that environment and get your own GA contract through Assurant for 25 percent and then you can add other carriers as well and be able to offer more products to your clients.

It is all relative to how many leads you are getting as to how many apps you should be placing. I would assume you are getting an average of 3500 AV per app submitted so if you place 4 a week you should be bringing home close to 4,000 a week. Most agents do not write 4 in a week.

If money is not your issue I would get out of that environment and get your own GA contract through Assurant for 25 percent and then you can add other carriers as well and be able to offer more products to your clients.

Now it is late but wouldn't the math of 4 app's a week of about 3500 AV mean take home pay at and around 2100 dollars if at 15% commission level?

Now it is late but wouldn't the math of 4 app's a week of about 3500 AV mean take home pay at and around 2100 dollars if at 15% commission level?
I'm not following the math, but basically if I got a check for 4k I would have had a kick ass week, right?

I'm not following the math, but basically if I got a check for 4k I would have had a kick ass week, right?

Well, if you did that for the year you would be in 200 grand level which is good by most standards. Yet I'm thinking you'll need to sell 8 plans a week on average to have a chance of 4 grand a week.

Back