Question of Ethics

While a better rate is always nice consider the benefit, you have to consider bang for your buck. My favorite company Foresters beat all your rates, to my surprise since most people say they are expensive. They also throw in a $4,000 critical illness as a member benefit, along with a bunch of other benefits that will help lead me to Foresters if he has kids.

Foresters $790 250k 45 year old man non tobacco standard , $652.50 if he gets through preferred

While a better rate is always nice consider the benefit, you have to consider bang for your buck. My favorite company Foresters beat all your rates, to my surprise since most people say they are expensive. They also throw in a $4,000 critical illness as a member benefit, along with a bunch of other benefits that will help lead me to Foresters if he has kids.

Foresters $790 250k 45 year old man non tobacco standard , $652.50 if he gets through preferred

Same 45 year old, 20 year term, standard non tobacco

West Coast Life- $610
Banner Life- $630
Genworth- $660
AIG- $687.50
North American- $690
Met Life- $699
ING- $700
Prudential- $785
Foresters- $790

In what way do you see your favorite company as the cheapest? They seem to be 29.5% higher.

Term coverage is a different animal than a medical policy. The "cheapest" often (not all of the time) is the correct solution. Obviously, as John mentioned, the "cheapest" option in health insurance is rarely the best option.

I still believe that a few dollars in difference monthly shouldn't be a big deal. I have my preferred life companies (about a dozen) and I spread my clients to them depending on their situations. It will just be hard for me to keep up with every company. I even did not even choose the cheapest plans for my own coverage and my parent's. My personal guide in knowing if it is fair: if I will sell it to my own family if they were in the same situation and if the answer is yes, I won't feel guilty in offering it to my client.

What NAA offers though is a different story because the difference in premiums are huge. The families would have been able to get a lot better coverage with the same premiums.

What NAA offers though is a different story because the difference in premiums are huge. The families would have been able to get a lot better coverage with the same premiums.

Happy to get your bashing in? I am pretty damn proud that I beat all the A rated companies that the Rick threw up. Which puts my "premiums are huge" halfway if you put Mel's rates in too. I did not notice any carriers with member benefits in either of their lists either. Hmm they come in midrange price wise but on the top end for benefits. NICE FOR NAA;)

Whats so special about Fraternal benefits? I am sure it is not what you think. If you look at the quotes, you can see they both listed WCL and at 2 different prices. NOt saying you made a mistake rick but maybe those prices were to high or maybe you were just throwing ficticious numbers just for an example?

I find it odd that only one person on this board has something good to say about NAA. THat person is also new to the business. Some people just can't see what is right in front of them.

Happy to get your bashing in? I am pretty damn proud that I beat all the A rated companies that the Rick threw up. Which puts my "premiums are huge" halfway if you put Mel's rates in too. I did not notice any carriers with member benefits in either of their lists either. Hmm they come in midrange price wise but on the top end for benefits. NICE FOR NAA

I don't know where Rick's numbers are from, but I ran the 45 year old standard non, and everyone beat your numbers. Foresters was NOT in the middle of any pack.

I don't know where Rick's numbers are from, but I ran the 45 year old standard non, and everyone beat your numbers. Foresters was NOT in the middle of any pack.
I ran the figures using Compulife. I could have chosen Pref Plus but decided standard was correct because that's what I can qualify for. (Wish I was 45 though..)

Maybe a better question would have been using 10K of final expense. That way we wouldn't be looking at anything other than the cost. I don't think the cash buildup is a deciding factor in final expense and it just boils down to cost.

Rick

Back