question on going independant.

paulyp

I have been selling health insurance for about 3 months now at a firm that provides internet leads from 3 or 4 different sources. I and everyone there hammer the phones all day making anywhere from 175 - 250 calls daily. It seems that the closing percentage company wide is about 2%. Agents I work with are very strong on the phone. With that kind of closing percentage and the cost of leads how can you survie independant. I'm missing something. I close about 1 out of 4 people I pitch to, however I spend a lot of time talking to the electronic universe. (TAPE MACHINES) I also find that if i dont close then on the first call, rarely do i get a second chance. Any feedback would be appreciated..

I have been selling health insurance for about 3 months now at a firm that provides internet leads from 3 or 4 different sources. I and everyone there hammer the phones all day making anywhere from 175 - 250 calls daily. It seems that the closing percentage company wide is about 2%. Agents I work with are very strong on the phone. With that kind of closing percentage and the cost of leads how can you survie independant. I'm missing something. I close about 1 out of 4 people I pitch to, however I spend a lot of time talking to the electronic universe. (TAPE MACHINES) I also find that if i dont close then on the first call, rarely do i get a second chance. Any feedback would be appreciated..

IHIAA.com

If tings lik dat bothrd me i wouldnt be in sales. Maybe eye should b a Spelin teacher. Theres one in every crowd!

LOL, Moon take it easy on the guy. its his first post.

We need agents who can spell if you want professionalism. I'm glad Moon called him on it now.

To help you out here, the call center was buying and regurgitating incentive leads. "Win 72 virgins by filling out this survey and requesting info from one of the industries listed". They call that a lead.

There is plenty of number crunching on this site. I found that I had a lead cost of about 20 or so percent of commissions. You will have a higher closing ratio with better leads and you will be getting double the commission.
:cool:

Back