Question Regarding DM/Telemarketed FE Leads

Felthorn3

Hey folks,

Recently got my license and am being contracted with an IMO one of my buddies is contracted with for Foresters. I plan to use their VSOP system to sell via phone(I have 10+ years phone based experience and the idea is quite enticing).

My inquiry is pretty simple: leads? My IMO doesn't provide leads but gave me a recommendation to use MS Powermail for direct mail final expense leads. The cost seems doable and I assume I'll see between 2-3% returns per 1000 drops. Is this really a good way to go? I've been reading and seeing that internet based leads are primarily junk and I'm not a fan of wasting money. Also, if I need filler leads are leads like what All Web Leads provides any good? They advertise live transfers that have been qualified by an actual human being.

If other lead advice can be given I'm all ears(eyes in this case ;) ).

Thanks a ton!

I would look to Lead Connections other than MSPM. Also since you'll be selling over the phone and having to provide your own leads, you will want to make sure that your Foresters contract is in the 115 to 120% range atleast! Doesn't seem they are giving you much else, so they shouldn't be getting a ton of over ride for it.

As far as getting 2-3% I am pretty sure you are WAY off on that. You will get around 1.5% depending on where you are. What state are you in???

As far as internet leads go, they are mostly junk. But Lee on this forums is a great guy and has top notch leads. If i sold over the phone, I would use his leads for the most part since I could order large areas!!!

I don't do telesales, but I know my IMO, EFES, has a whole division that has it dialed in. The $4 Teleleads we have access to seems to be working great for those guys.

I would look to Lead Connections other than MSPM. Also since you'll be selling over the phone and having to provide your own leads, you will want to make sure that your Foresters contract is in the 115 to 120% range atleast! Doesn't seem they are giving you much else, so they shouldn't be getting a ton of over ride for it.

As far as getting 2-3% I am pretty sure you are WAY off on that. You will get around 1.5% depending on where you are. What state are you in???

As far as internet leads go, they are mostly junk. But Lee on this forums is a great guy and has top notch leads. If i sold over the phone, I would use his leads for the most part since I could order large areas!!!

I'm going to be selling the entire states of TN and NC, since I can do so via phone. Also you mean Lee at Custom Quotes?

I'm going to be selling the entire states of TN and NC, since I can do so via phone. Also you mean Lee at Custom Quotes?

Lee is an Internet lead vendor. If you could get the whole state I think leads would cost you $32/$33 a pop.

From what other telesales guys say, sometimes they need as many as 100 leads a week to hit $2-4K in AP.

Hard to do that with DM and Internet lead prices.

Lee is an Internet lead vendor. If you could get the whole state I think leads would cost you $32/$33 a pop.

From what other telesales guys say, sometimes they need as many as 100 leads a week to hit $2-4K in AP.

Hard to do that with DM and Internet lead prices.

I don't think it would take 100 of Lee's leads though. Several that I set appointments with for f2f I could have easily just done it over the phone. I am not a phone sales guy and I'm not good at it, but they were just ready to buy and would have done it over the phone right there!

They are way higher quality than a $4 lead, which is why I think it would not take near as many.

Yes OP I am talking about LEE and Customized Quote.

I agree with ben on Lee's leads. They are higher quality and many you could sell on the phone but I've noticed the quality falling a bit as a lot are off face book and filled out with smart phones thus the quality of the person isn't as good as a person who filled out on an ipad or home computer. Also due to no door knocking of tele sales it might be hard to justify a $32 or $35 lead(as many just don't answer the phone) vs the $4 lead. Just have to try them all and see what works.

Lee's leads are the only leads I've ever done phone sales with and they are very good for doing that. I don't think there could be a lead better suited for phone sales than Lee's. They seem to be either very healthy and looking to buy today or terminally ill and broke as can be. Not much middle ground with them.

There s another guy who was selling "similar" leads to Lee's. They use Facebook to get them to click over to a website and fill out a form. They can be bought a lot cheaper. I tested $500 worth of them. They were terrible. Not even close to Lee's quality. He does it right.

Lee's leads are indeed great for phone sales. I love them. However, they are not so good that one can merely take orders. You surely need to know what you are doing. There are plenty of people from his leads that are ready to buy which is great, but that does not mean they will hand you their social and bank account numbers without you earning them. At their cost, you need to close a high percentage to make it work.

Aside from the leads themselves, Lee is the model that lead vendors should aspire to. My interactions with him have always been amazing. He keeps his word, communicates in a timely manner and delivers a quality product. Can't really ask for more.

Also, you mentioned that you will be using Foresters as your Voice signature carrier. They do not pay commission on the policy fee ($3.00) when you do a voice application with them. Face to face, they pay commission on the fee, but not on the voice apps. They also have some funky rules for certain states. For example, if the client has insurance in the following states, you cannot write them a policy using their voice signature: Maryland, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, & Connecticut. Even if the client's current insurance is with Foresters, they will still not allow you to do it (DUMBEST RULE EVER BTW). The interview takes an average of 22 minutes from start to finish.

GL man!

I agree Newby there are a ton of 50-60 yr olds that are healthy that fill them out or its younger children filling out for their terminal parents.At first the persistency was better than Dm but now it's fallen in line . But I'm sure gym guy will confirm at $35 a lead and many people not answering the phone his roi might not be better than $4 or $5 leads? In telesales you need a lot of leads.but no doubt Lee is the best vendor around.

Back