Question Regarding DM/Telemarketed FE Leads

hmmmm

I guess it depends on costs

I know last week my cc sold 52 deals just off the avatar Leads... obviously its hard to compare the tele sales to F2F sales but here is the question... if you get the avatars at 4 dollars or whatever price your at and compare it to the DM price how many more leads can you buy to increase your production

When i use to run the field side of things i managed 15 different 20K producers and lead optimization was always fun to see how we could maximize production at the best/lowest cost...

So lets say 20 DM leads a week... probably gonna get off those leads 8-11 appointments lets say you get stood up on 2-3 appointments and you sell almost all of your other appointments for 8 sales and 4400 AP... sound about right?

so it takes 2 DM leads to produce one appointment for a stud producer... if your DM leads cost 26 bucks call it 52 dollars per appointment... if your avatar leads cost 4 dollars you can get 13 more leads for the price of 2 DM leads...

so the question remains what is better 2 DM leads or 13 avatar leads?

i agree with chase the perfect scenario is a combination of both if expenses is important to you (which it always is)...

RC

For a field guy would you have the same problem with avatar as tele? Burnout? Seems like it's strictly an available volume question.

For a field guy would you have the same problem with avatar as tele? Burnout? Seems like it's strictly an available volume question.

I wouldn't think so...

if your setting appointments there isn't much of a difference to me they are both responders and they are both people that your either going to set the appointment or not...

tele sales we just one call close them instead of the appointment but i would think it would be a lot easier to set the appointment than the one call close

another thing to think about is if your getting too many leads in your area that are DM you may run through your area to quickly and have to expand your area... the avatar leads allow you to not jeopardize that

Don't get me wrong i still believe the DM leads are the best lead for f2f sales but we all have to evolve of how to work smarter and how to maximize the agents earnings

RC

hmmmm I guess it depends on costs I know last week my cc sold 52 deals just off the avatar Leads... obviously its hard to compare the tele sales to F2F sales but here is the question... if you get the avatars at 4 dollars or whatever price your at and compare it to the DM price how many more leads can you buy to increase your production When i use to run the field side of things i managed 15 different 20K producers and lead optimization was always fun to see how we could maximize production at the best/lowest cost... So lets say 20 DM leads a week... probably gonna get off those leads 8-11 appointments lets say you get stood up on 2-3 appointments and you sell almost all of your other appointments for 8 sales and 4400 AP... sound about right? so it takes 2 DM leads to produce one appointment for a stud producer... if your DM leads cost 26 bucks call it 52 dollars per appointment... if your avatar leads cost 4 dollars you can get 13 more leads for the price of 2 DM leads... so the question remains what is better 2 DM leads or 13 avatar leads? i agree with chase the perfect scenario is a combination of both if expenses is important to you (which it always is)... RC

You also have to factor in that you're reaching different (or all of the) people with DM because DNC knocks out a big chunk of folks on the avatars.

You also have to factor in that you're reaching different (or all of the) people with DM because DNC knocks out a big chunk of folks on the avatars.

that is very true... but i like that

for example responders respond to different types of marketing... on all of my TV leads that i buy for instance i never run across any of the products that we all discuss on the forum as the best FE products... i run across AARP, NY life, Colonial Penn all that crap you see on the tv... this means my competition is very weak... when we do direct mail its a different crowd that respond via mail and the same goes for avatars... its a different type of responder... now there are those crazy people that just respond to everything but they are also the ones that you probably best just leave alone and not write...

Just consider the term avatar as a tele lead. Both generated by phone, yes you need to move to new areas to market at least once every 60 - 90 days to keep it fresh.

----------

that is very true... but i like that

for example responders respond to different types of marketing... on all of my TV leads that i buy for instance i never run across any of the products that we all discuss on the forum as the best FE products... i run across AARP, NY life, Colonial Penn all that crap you see on the tv... this means my competition is very weak... when we do direct mail its a different crowd that respond via mail and the same goes for avatars... its a different type of responder... now there are those crazy people that just respond to everything but they are also the ones that you probably best just leave alone and not write...

Looks like The Lead Jerk is gonna invest in some TV advertising and generate some TV leads!!;)

Just consider the term avatar as a tele lead. Both generated by phone, yes you need to move to new areas to market at least once every 60 - 90 days to keep it fresh.

----------

Looks like The Lead Jerk is gonna invest in some TV advertising and generate some TV leads!!;)

I've seen a commercial a few times now that solicits FE and doesn't seem to be tied to a company. Who knows who's buying these leads but they could easily be costing $150-$200 each to produce.:eek: I've worked TV leads in past lives and the only advantage I found is that they rarely, if ever, "no showed".

I've seen a commercial a few times now that solicits FE and doesn't seem to be tied to a company. Who knows who's buying these leads but they could easily be costing $150-$200 each to produce.:eek: I've worked TV leads in past lives and the only advantage I found is that they rarely, if ever, "no showed".

Ill look into it and report back in a few months what I find out.

Ryan you're not comparing apples to apples . Your tele sales guys need mass vol and obviously A $26 Dm lead would break them. Tele sale guys have no geographical boundaries so you can readily get 200 leads a week for $800. Mass vol for that agent is much more important than the quality of the lead . As has been said the tele lead is getting bombed with 15 calls a day and is many times a lonely sick "friendless freedy "who talks to any and all people . A f2f agent must pick and chose what type of client he wants to work with as his he can only see so many people a day . The tele leads I've worked seem to be lower income agent killer time wasters. My appt setter who's been calling for agents nationwide for yrs almost refuses to use them. She says the no shows are far greater than Dm . And she calls for many Efes agents.Also not being factored in is the shelve lifecof a Dm lead which allows me to door knock that lead up to 2-4 months later with great success . It comes down to the old argument . Buy 40 tele leads for $160 and do $1500 or buy 30 Dm leads for $800 and conservatively do $5k min over the life of those leads?Its quality over quantity and since my time is valuable I pick quality. But I also understand a new agent with limited funds or an agent low on Dm leads needs tm leads . They both have their place but the f2f agent should spend 90% of their time on Dm.

Ryan you're not comparing apples to apples . Your tele sales guys need mass vol and obviously A $26 Dm lead would break them. Tele sale guys have no geographical boundaries so you can readily get 200 leads a week for $800. Mass vol for that agent is much more important than the quality of the lead . As has been said the tele lead is getting bombed with 15 calls a day and is many times a lonely sick "friendless freedy "who talks to any and all people . A f2f agent must pick and chose what type of client he wants to work with as his he can only see so many people a day . The tele leads I've worked seem to be lower income agent killer time wasters. My appt setter who's been calling for agents nationwide for yrs almost refuses to use them. She says the no shows are far greater than Dm . And she calls for many Efes agents.Also not being factored in is the shelve lifecof a Dm lead which allows me to door knock that lead up to 2-4 months later with great success . It comes down to the old argument . Buy 40 tele leads for $160 and do $1500 or buy 30 Dm leads for $800 and conservatively do $5k min over the life of those leads?Its quality over quantity and since my time is valuable I pick quality. But I also understand a new agent with limited funds or an agent low on Dm leads needs tm leads . They both have their place but the f2f agent should spend 90% of their time on Dm.

Appointment setters in general don't like telemarketing leads. They want direct mail where they can stick to their script and not have to dance in a conversation. Too many good producers let their appointment setters tell them what does and does not work. I would be concerned if a appointment setter TOLD me they refused to call the leads. The tail should not ever wag the dog.

My appt setter will call all leads period . As I said on my exp tele leads are mostly broke people. For me I got the money to buy all the Dm leads I need and all I care about is what I net not my roi on a much smaller #. Each person must decide for themselves . I'm better at getting appts than ant apt setter but my time is better spent in front of people 5 days a week

Back