Question Regarding DM/Telemarketed FE Leads

My appt setter will call all leads period . As I said on my exp tele leads are mostly broke people. For me I got the money to buy all the Dm leads I need and all I care about is what I net not my roi on a much smaller #. Each person must decide for themselves . I'm better at getting appts than ant apt setter but my time is better spent in front of people 5 days a week

You've got a good one then Herbie.

agreed

I don't let agents come on unless they have 10-15 non resident states... most of the top earners have 30+ states it makes a huge difference in the dialer if you have a dialer with 300K+ leads in it... when someone who has ten or less states gets in my dialer they may make 5-7 presentations a day and hopefully sell one... agents with 30+ states in my dialer are making 12-15 presentations a day and hopefully selling 2 or 3 deals per day... its a huge difference... so even when I have someone that can prove they know how to sell if they have just a few states i tell them they have to invest in their business or I cant bring you on... also make sure you buy the right states... don't just buy the cheap ones like MI, OH, VA etc... all the cheap ones are the same damn states all the other broke people buy to try and get in telesales...

Being a stud in tele sales is very expensive... and that hardest thing for most people is buying the leads every single day... the field agents that are just average have a hard enough time buying leads weekly but in tele sales you need to buy them daily... no exceptions..

hope this helps

RC

Would you be so kind as to tell us what 10 or 15 States would you recommend based on your experience?

Mississippi and Alabama are GREAT! Keep calling and selling over the phone in these states people!!! Thanks in advance ;)

I gladly will Ben since I make a decent amount in MS probably not as much as you but decent enough to keep calling. I don't personally work AL though not yet atleast. Only a matter of time till our paths cross.

I gladly will Ben since I make a decent amount in MS probably not as much as you but decent enough to keep calling. I don't personally work AL though not yet atleast. Only a matter of time till our paths cross.

Was more a in general response :) Not directed at you. So many prospects out there it will be rare we cross paths, but it will eventually happen, but what is one policy one way or the other. Now if 100 agents are selling 5 per week, then it gives me even more chances at replacement. Most phone sales people don't put the client in a competitive carrier.....Not always the case, but a lot of the time.

Was more a in general response :) Not directed at you. So many prospects out there it will be rare we cross paths, but it will eventually happen, but what is one policy one way or the other. Now if 100 agents are selling 5 per week, then it gives me even more chances at replacement. Most phone sales people don't put the client in a competitive carrier.....Not always the case, but a lot of the time.

I will agree one of the reason why im glad I changed my IMO so I have competitive products to better fit my clients. Still not cheapest on the block since I am limited to the carriers that offer telesales products but atleast now im in the arena, compared to where I came from.

Just consider the term avatar as a tele lead. Both generated by phone, yes you need to move to new areas to market at least once every 60 - 90 days to keep it fresh.

----------

Looks like The Lead Jerk is gonna invest in some TV advertising and generate some TV leads!!;)

You have to buy them nationwide in order to get a good deal on these leads or else they cost you an arm and a leg and a toe as well..

Ryan you're not comparing apples to apples . Your tele sales guys need mass vol and obviously A $26 Dm lead would break them. Tele sale guys have no geographical boundaries so you can readily get 200 leads a week for $800. Mass vol for that agent is much more important than the quality of the lead . As has been said the tele lead is getting bombed with 15 calls a day and is many times a lonely sick "friendless freedy "who talks to any and all people . A f2f agent must pick and chose what type of client he wants to work with as his he can only see so many people a day . The tele leads I've worked seem to be lower income agent killer time wasters. My appt setter who's been calling for agents nationwide for yrs almost refuses to use them. She says the no shows are far greater than Dm . And she calls for many Efes agents.Also not being factored in is the shelve lifecof a Dm lead which allows me to door knock that lead up to 2-4 months later with great success . It comes down to the old argument . Buy 40 tele leads for $160 and do $1500 or buy 30 Dm leads for $800 and conservatively do $5k min over the life of those leads?Its quality over quantity and since my time is valuable I pick quality. But I also understand a new agent with limited funds or an agent low on Dm leads needs tm leads . They both have their place but the f2f agent should spend 90% of their time on Dm.

My comparison was based on F2F agents... I agree that DM leads are better but a mixture of the two type of leads will allow a F2F agent to simply make more presentations in regards to expenses... its just my opinion... in regards to the avatars that I buy we sell so many of them one call close over the phone i would assume the close ratio would be way higher by setting an appt and getting in the house... I am just trying to suggest what some should think about doing who are trying to get over the 3500 AP a week threshold... but once again this is an opinion

Would you be so kind as to tell us what 10 or 15 States would you recommend based on your experience?

to do tele sales 12 months straight out of the year i really recommend 20 states... all of the southern states are money... and stay away from the northeast and the southwest and all the cheap states that everyone buys...

RC

Back