Questions about being an Independent Agent

Maybe I'm just old school. I really believe sitting across a table from a client and showing them a real person who cares and will look out for their best interests is always going to be the way I will help people.
I do talk to folks on the phone but normally that's just setting an appointment or answering questions.
Being independent can be extremely rewarding personally and financially and I recommend partnering with a very experienced independent agency to avoid making the mistakes I made early in my career.
I hope this helps someone out there and good luck in your future!!

I have done F2F and phone sales. I can be much more productive using the phone to sell and service my client base, and they know I care about them just as much as if they were sitting across the kitchen table.

It's not that one method is better than the other. It's all about what is comfortable and effective for you.

I think the market is really changing, with the internet, more & more clients are comfortable with sales over the phone & internet. If clients are reluctant to phone consultation, I like to point out to them it is easier to hang up the phone on me, than get rid of the pushy salesman on your couch.

I have also been to many houses that after leaving I felt the need for an immediate shower.

Most folks have never met their car & home insurance agent. Many have never met their stock broker.

I have sold over the phone for over 20 years and my persistency is just as good as when I sold F2F. At first my closing ratio was a bit less than F2F but I have developed a style that works for me in phone sales and my closing ratio would probably be the same if I returned to F2F.

But I don't want to get back in the car and drive 45 minutes for a no-show or one-leg.

Phone works.
F2F works.
Seminars work.

Who cares? Whatever works for you is what's best. Find some people and start selling.

Back