Questions About " Do Not Call List "

Insuranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
If you mail a letter informing someone that you will be
contacting them by phone. Can you contact someone thats on the" Do not Call List"? If so is a unscrubbed phone list available?

Even with a letter or postcard, you can't. The reason is if they are on that list, you can't soliciate them over the phone in any way or form. They must request a quote from you. Also if you have a complaint filed againts you, it could be up to a 10,000 doller fine, per phone call.

You can get lists from salesgenie.com/lite. or salesgenie.com. (lite is cheaper, 100 a month). Thats what I use. Once you have a SAN number, that you get from the do not call registry. Sales genie will scrub againts the do not call list. This giving you numbers you can call. There are still a lot of people on the do not call list. Today I was searching Dry Cleaners in the Denver metro area, I came up with almost 200 dry cleaners.

You do realize that since drycleaners are a business they can't be on the DNC list, right?

This is exactly how it appears on the FTC website

Can I register my business phone number or a fax number?
The National Do Not Call Registry is only for personal phone numbers. Business-to-business calls and faxes are not covered by the National Do Not Call Registry.

So buinsess's are fair game, to clear things up.

Sales genie still does cover consumers on the DNC. I am not trying to endorse them in any way, but its what I use.

Back