Questions about emails, newsletters etc

I'll be starting in health insurance soon and had a few questions.

1. I notice angents talking about once they talk with small business owners they use the line "can I send you out some information on new health plans?" Then they will email the potential client. Are these emails typically created by the agent?

2. Do agents typically create their own newsletters?

3. Do agents usually create the marketing materials to keep in touch with their current/potential client base.

I ask this because I am not the best at creating these type of materials. I have done it before and at best I am mediocre. Is there a place that you are using to buy these types of materials that have already been created?

Thank you

Depends how much you want to spend. How much you can spend. What you want to achieve. If you want personal style in your own voice or same from third party or if you want it noticibly from third party. Many ways to skin the cat in your contact w/ clients, prospects and suspects. IMHO.

I send out a monthly newsletter to all of my clients and a targeted list of prospects each month. I am on issue 70. It always gets me a few phone calls and at the least, pays for itself.

I design it myself with MS Publisher. I use my previous months issue, cut the articles and paste in the new ones. A couple hours work at the most. I have a local mailing firm that prints, stuffs and bulk mails them for me for a reasonable fee, about $400 for 1000.

It is a way to stay in front of your customers and remind targeted prospective customers you care. It is an investment and it does take a while for it to pay for itself.

Back