Questions About Going Independent

May 16, 2016

1. NWABCS

NWABCS Expert

I was in insurance in 2005. Combined insurance to be specific. Had a bad experience with it. Over the years I had been contacted and even interviewed with some places: AGLA, AIL, Bankers, Howe, and a couple others.

Recently, my friend who I hadn't talked to in a while let me know he is an insurance broker. He's doing fairly well. It intrigued me to find out more.

The agency offers a ton of carriers to be contracted with. The contract starts out at 75% and goes from there. They don't have a training program other than helping out with learning the paperwork (all paper apps). My friend has been doing very well but only there a month or so.

Other than contract and leads information that I already know, what questions should I ask?

NWABCS, May 16, 2016
  2. The Gimp

The Gimp Guru

State:
    Florida
    Make sure they will grant you a release if things don't work out. Find out what the training consist of. There better be free leads to justify that's 75% contract. Otherwise I would run and your friend should be right behind you.

The Gimp, May 16, 2016
  3. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois

There are plenty of known, reputable FMO's here on the Forum that give more training than that and give 100-120% contracts. Sounds like your friend's being taken for a ride. I wouldn't ride with him. :bump::no:

4. John Galt

John Galt Guru

State:
    Georgia
    Feel free to visit Home | Final Expense Leads | Final Expense Training | Final Expense Sales Let us know if we can help.

5. NWABCS

NWABCS Expert

Wow. Thanks to everyone for the responses. I'm glad I checked here first. Keep em coming. Thanks to those who messaged me too. Still processing everything.

In a perfect world I'd love to have:
    - Good contract
    - Help with leads (someone who has tested out lead sources and done trial and error for me)
    - Easy application process
    - Quality training

NWABCS, May 17, 2016
  6. SPUR CITY

SPUR CITY Guru

State:
    Texas

We have EVERYTHING you mentioned and more.

Feel free to reach out to us.

7. NWABCS

NWABCS Expert

He is happy as can be with his contract. I should sign on somewhere and have him under me. Weeeeeeeeee overrides. :D

NWABCS, May 25, 2016