Questions About Going Independent

NWABCS

Expert
I was in insurance in 2005. Combined insurance to be specific. Had a bad experience with it. Over the years I had been contacted and even interviewed with some places: AGLA, AIL, Bankers, Howe, and a couple others.

Recently, my friend who I hadn't talked to in a while let me know he is an insurance broker. He's doing fairly well. It intrigued me to find out more.

The agency offers a ton of carriers to be contracted with. The contract starts out at 75% and goes from there. They don't have a training program other than helping out with learning the paperwork (all paper apps). My friend has been doing very well but only there a month or so.

Other than contract and leads information that I already know, what questions should I ask?

I was in insurance in 2005. Combined insurance to be specific. Had a bad experience with it. Over the years I had been contacted and even interviewed with some places: AGLA, AIL, Bankers, Howe, and a couple others.

Recently, my friend who I hadn't talked to in a while let me know he is an insurance broker. He's doing fairly well. It intrigued me to find out more.

The agency offers a ton of carriers to be contracted with. The contract starts out at 75% and goes from there. They don't have a training program other than helping out with learning the paperwork (all paper apps). My friend has been doing very well but only there a month or so.

Other than contract and leads information that I already know, what questions should I ask?

Make sure they will grant you a release if things don't work out. Find out what the training consist of. There better be free leads to justify that's 75% contract. Otherwise I would run and your friend should be right behind you.

There are plenty of known, reputable FMO's here on the Forum that give more training than that and give 100-120% contracts. Sounds like your friend's being taken for a ride. I wouldn't ride with him. :bump::no:

Feel free to visit Home | Final Expense Leads | Final Expense Training | Final Expense Sales Let us know if we can help.

Wow. Thanks to everyone for the responses. I'm glad I checked here first. Keep em coming. Thanks to those who messaged me too. Still processing everything.

In a perfect world I'd love to have:
- Good contract
- Help with leads (someone who has tested out lead sources and done trial and error for me)
- Easy application process
- Quality training

Wow. Thanks to everyone for the responses. I'm glad I checked here first. Keep em coming. Thanks to those who messaged me too. Still processing everything. In a perfect world I'd love to have: - Good contract - Help with leads (someone who has tested out lead sources and done trial and error for me) - Easy application process - Quality training

We have EVERYTHING you mentioned and more.

Feel free to reach out to us.

There are plenty of known, reputable FMO's here on the Forum that give more training than that and give 100-120% contracts. Sounds like your friend's being taken for a ride. I wouldn't ride with him. :bump::no:

He is happy as can be with his contract. I should sign on somewhere and have him under me. Weeeeeeeeee overrides. :D

Back