Questions About Live Ops/work from Home

For the past month or two now I've been looking into becoming more of an independent agent. While I like my job I don't like 1) Leaving money on the table and 2) being a captive agent.

There are a few other reasons as well, but this got me thinking. I read a few previous posts about Live Ops and didn't find them that impressive.

I know a few agents here do phone sales either out of an office (like I do currently) or out of their homes. My question is how do you do that?

How are you paid?

What do you need to do this? (other than a phone and phone book)

What hours do you normally put in? (for example the center I work for now works 9 AM EST to 8 PM EST - and I'm 10 - 7).

Are you licensed in several states or just 1?

For the past month or two now I've been looking into becoming more of an independent agent. While I like my job I don't like 1) Leaving money on the table and 2) being a captive agent.

There are a few other reasons as well, but this got me thinking. I read a few previous posts about Live Ops and didn't find them that impressive.

I know a few agents here do phone sales either out of an office (like I do currently) or out of their homes. My question is how do you do that?

How are you paid?

What do you need to do this? (other than a phone and phone book)

What hours do you normally put in? (for example the center I work for now works 9 AM EST to 8 PM EST - and I'm 10 - 7).

Are you licensed in several states or just 1?

Being your own man is the way to go if you can stay disciplined and focused.

If by phone - get a dialer with at least 3 lines . . .

Get at least 2 States. If you really want to hustle - get a non-res in a State on the East Coast and on the West Coast.

Being your own man is the way to go if you can stay disciplined and focused.

If by phone - get a dialer with at least 3 lines . . .

Get at least 2 States. If you really want to hustle - get a non-res in a State on the East Coast and on the West Coast.

I'm currently licensed in every state but HI. I know if I go independent I'll be losing a few of those. Which is why I'm considering the Live-ops or similar option.

The only problem I have with that...is that I don't know how many times I've been told "I want to add my grand-kids" and not have that rider available because I'm captive to only one product or company.

Back