Questions About Medicare Regulations?

Mark from WI

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
SIMA is having an open chat about Senior Market regulations.

While the senior market can be rewarding, there are more regulations than other insurance markets. SIMA is having an open chat to explore how to effectively work the senior market and stay compliant.

FRIDAY AUG 3rd 3:00pm (Central) in the main chat room (click CHAT on the top menu)

Hope to see you there!

p.s. SIMA membership, and our events and online materials, are all free to agents. SIMA is also independent - we are not tied to any IMO or carrier. You may see an ad or two here or there- but nothing too bad. :) To join SIMA, just go to SIMA-net.com and click on Sign Up.

p.s. SIMA membership, and our events and online materials, are all free to agents. SIMA is also independent - we are not tied to any IMO or carrier. You may see an ad or two here or there- but nothing too bad. :) To join SIMA, just go to SIMA-net.com and click on Sign Up.

If a person signs up, does the name and other information get sold or rented to a 3rd party? Just ask'n. :err:

I'm a member... participated in some good webinars and chats. Can't say any spam or phone calls have come because of it.

We all get spam, e-mails and other crap, no more since I signed up for SIMA.

If a person signs up, does the name and other information get sold or rented to a 3rd party? Just ask'n. :err:

Good question! We are NOT selling our membership lists to anyone.

When you visit a presentation by a sponsor, you may sometimes be opting into contact by that presenter e.g. follow-up on potential interest, but we have rules for that which they must follow, and you will have the opportunity to opt out. Also, in the future you may get a sponsored email FROM SIMA (not from a sponsor). To date, that has not happened even once. The emails SIMA sends to our members, to date, have been about our own events or stuff that's new on the site. If and when we send a sponsored email, it will come from us, and we'll limit it to 1) a vendor we believe is doing a good job, and 2) one such email per week.

This is really, honestly, just a free thing for agents who sell senior products to connect with each other. If we do things right, it will be valuable hopefully one day.

Thanks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mark, I've always considered you a stand-up guy - but this stuff belongs in the "Offers" section of the forum. C'mon man.

Hey MAM. We went thru that last time, I thought, hehe. Most people including "the man" here, I believe, thought it was fine, since we are free, and since our events are free. There isn't even a sponsor on board for this event- it's just agents talking to agents. This isn't a commercial offer- it's just telling agents about the event. Yes, they would join SIMA to participate, but that doesn't cost anything either.

I will seek final clarification on this; no protocol breach intended from dis semi-noob.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm a member... participated in some good webinars and chats. Can't say any spam or phone calls have come because of it.

We all get spam, e-mails and other crap, no more since I signed up for SIMA.

Thanks CTG, you won't get any spam cuz of us. Our list is OUR list, and it's for stuff we feel will be informative and useful to our members.

Last edited:
Most people including "the man" here, I believe, thought it was fine, since we are free, and since our events are free.
Whether it's "free" or not is immaterial - there's all kinds of folks who would like to advertise their "free" webinar , etc. in a similar fashion, and aren't allowed to - except in the Offers section.
There isn't even a sponsor on board for this event- it's just agents talking to agents. This isn't a commercial offer- it's just telling agents about the event.
C'mon Mark, you're insulting my intelligence. You guys are just in it for the fun, or is altruism your main goal?
Yes, they would join SIMA to participate, but that doesn't cost anything either.
Thanks for making my point so eloquently. Whether it "costs anything" is merely obfuscation, and is immaterial.
I will seek final clarification on this; no protocol breach intended from dis semi-noob.
I'll take you at your word. Claiming to be a "semi-noob" is reminds me of the way Obama blames Bush. Still.

C'mon Mark, you're insulting my intelligence. You guys are just in it for the fun, or is altruism your main goal?
It's not really altruism, but it might not really make much money, at least not in the way of many "free" events which at the end roll out the sales pitch. It's partially to stay close to agents, and partially because it's fun. It's partially cuz I learn a lot and make myself a more valuable consultant. There is no sales pitch AT ALL in this group chat. But maybe I guess it might mean a few more people see a banner ad down the road somewhere. Whoo hoo!
I'll take you at your word. Claiming to be a "semi-noob" is reminds me of the way Obama blames Bush. Still.
You can take me at my word, M&M... Maybe unlike either Obama OR Bush. (I'm a centrist who isnt a huge fan of either candidate; certain only about my extreme dislike of PPACA)

Back