Questions About Taking The Independent Brokerage Route

I have been exploring some options about what to do. I am really considering to get my Insurance Licenses, but the problem is, I am fresh out of school and the options are considered were working at Primerica (I don't like the MLM part but they are a legitimate company) or work at Farmers (I heard they won't let you stay if you don't make the 40/4 requirement during the preliminary period), but I guess I seem more interested in doing the Independent Brokerage gig.

In order to do the Independent Brokerage deal, do you still need to have all the needed licenses if you were to have your own sales team? How much will it cost you to have access to a Wholesaler or an Insurance Cluster? What about E&O Insurance fees? How much do good leads cost and where can I find good leads? Can meeting people in public places to talk about the services you sell or door to door sales be a good way to spread the word out about your products?

I am considering to look into the Independent Broker route because I am starting to frequently visit relatives out of the country and may want to live near them in the future (I was born in the USA by the way). I also would love to create a business where I can have multiple locations, office managers and a team of agents for each office location over a period of time.

So what do you guys think about this idea and how I can handle the Independent Broker route.

I have been exploring some options about what to do. I am really considering to get my Insurance Licenses, but the problem is, I am fresh out of school and the options are considered were working at Primerica (I don't like the MLM part but they are a legitimate company) or work at Farmers (I heard they won't let you stay if you don't make the 40/4 requirement during the preliminary period), but I guess I seem more interested in doing the Independent Brokerage gig. In order to do the Independent Brokerage deal, do you still need to have all the needed licenses if you were to have your own sales team? How much will it cost you to have access to a Wholesaler or an Insurance Cluster? What about E&O Insurance fees? How much do good leads cost and where can I find good leads? Can meeting people in public places to talk about the services you sell or door to door sales be a good way to spread the word out about your products? I am considering to look into the Independent Broker route because I am starting to frequently visit relatives out of the country and may want to live near them in the future (I was born in the USA by the way). I also would love to create a business where I can have multiple locations, office managers and a team of agents for each office location over a period of time. So what do you guys think about this idea and how I can handle the Independent Broker route.

I think that people who are considering building a team of insurance agents and you've never sold any insurance policy in your life are you exactly what's wrong with the industry.

If you're serious about insurance figure out if you want to sell life insurance health insurance car insurance homeowners insurance what it is you're even attracted to and find a good agency to go under and learn the ropes for several years.

Then if your dream is to build an agency go do it.

Trying to build an agency when you don't know the first thing about it is what fools do.

And if one of the most attractive thing she can find is Primerica you need to do a lot more studying. If you're only product you going to have in your arsenal is term life insurance wouldn't you want to have a term life insurance that is competitively priced?

Not ragging on you this is just much-needed Toughlove before you make a lot of real obvious mistakes.

Back