Questions for Active Med Supp Agents

Frank,

A quality lead to me is someone geniunely looking to purchase a Medigap or Medicare Advantage policy but needs advice which plan to choose.

I agree, however, that really isn't an answer to my question.

Give us a source and the specific information you need on a lead to identify those who are genuinely looking to purchase. What does the lead ask for and say, where do you get them from? I "showed" you mine now you "show" me yours.

Again I ask, where do you find leads like that? What kind of leads are they and what information does the lead provide so you can identify those who are genuinely looking as opposed to the tire kickers?

The only leads that I have that meet that criteria, those genuinely looking to purchase, are the ones I generate myself.

If you don't want to answer the question I understand, just say so.

Frank, I know you know this. But any licensed agent would be an *** to be a telemarketer for you in such a situation. Just go a little further and write up the app themselves.

But again, I know you already know this. :biggrin:

I agree, however, that really isn't an answer to my question.

Give us a source and the specific information you need on a lead to identify those who are genuinely looking to purchase. What does the lead ask for and say, where do you get them from? I "showed" you mine now you "show" me yours.

Again I ask, where do you find leads like that? What kind of leads are they and what information does the lead provide so you can identify those who are genuinely looking as opposed to the tire kickers?

The only leads that I have that meet that criteria, those genuinely looking to purchase, are the ones I generate myself.

If you don't want to answer the question I understand, just say so.

Frank,

no matter what leads you purchase or self generate you will always encounter "tire kickers". I always try my best with each prospect but some people refuse to be helped.

there is no showing.. I purchase leads and develop my own leads from websites and mailings. No secret formula just hard work and understanding what the prospects needs and wants are. It was not easy getting to where I'm at now and transitioning into the Senior marketplace has been challenging. One thing with the Seniors is the Big Players all want a piece of the pie and the competition for leads fierce. That is why you see the price of a Med Supp lead almost double what is charged for indy leads.

Joe

Frank, I know you know this. But any licensed agent would be an *** to be a telemarketer for you in such a situation. Just go a little further and write up the app themselves.

But again, I know you already know this. :biggrin:

You are 100% spot on. You and I wouldn't do it but there are those who will.

I have trained a few people who were hired by an agent just to telemarket. The agent paid to get them licensed and worked out a small hourly wage and a commission split for the telemarketer.

Not everyone is willing to learn and work to do everything an agent has to do to make a sale. They may also want the "security" of having a regular income to count on.

I just trained a gal working for a guy in Chicago area that so far is successfully taking the prospect through the first sixty seconds of the call and then turning the call over to the agent to answer questions and complete the sale.

It's really the only way I would ever consider using a telemarketer again.

Back