Questions In Arkansas

arindy

I recently went independent. I have a great set up on the life and annuities side, but I am struggling a bit to make a decision on the P&C side of things. I have talked with Smartchoice, SIAA, and InsureZone. They all have their pros and cons so far, but the reps from SIAA and InsureZone seem to be much more forthcoming with information and a willingness to help me understand the process and get my office going. I was hoping for some feedback on these companies. I know their are hundreds of posts on here about going independent, but some of the information is a few years old. Any and all help would be very appreciated.

SIAA is good. Check out Premier Group Insurance as well. They are a little more flexible than SIAA.

Gulliver

Look into the difference between an aggregator and a cluster. Also find out who they are best carrier partners with. Find out what they are offering in guaranteed new and renewal over rides on a quarterly basis. What are their profit sharing deals with the carriers in the group. Make sure the carriers they are strong with match the kind of business you will be writing. Find out what there process is for getting a direct appointment with the carriers. What are the ongoing fee tiers?

Back