Questions Pedestrian Hit Last Year.

There are only two things anybody in their right mind on the internet can tell you.

1 - There is no way anybody can tell you how much your claim is worth.

2 - For the serious injuries you suffered you'd be a fool not to have an attorney.

The statute of limitations for an injury lawsuit in Texas is 2 years and you've already eaten up the first year.

Which is exactly why they are "dragging their feet." They want to ride out the SOL in the hopes that you don't get a lawyer and don't file suit before the two years are up. Once the two years pass, they owe you nothing.

Without an attorney the insurance company will steamroll you.

Removed, Might affect my case to post info online....thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
I agree, I have hired a law firm

however though there good Id like to know the opinions from the forum its best to have the most complete picture possible also even if not telling me for certain how much it is worth could you enlighten me why it would need to be escalated to another adjuster after having another adjuster review it and submit it for a manager approval for authorization?

Adjusters and managers have different levels of dollar authority. The larger the demand the more people in the chain of command get involved.

For example, before I retired my authority was $100,000. If a claim was larger than that I referred it up to my supervisor. Her authority was $250,000. If the claim was larger than $250,000, she had to get approval from her manager.

Understand that, just because authority for a large amount was needed, it doesn't mean that the insurance company will settle for that amount.

I wanted to know because we gave a final deadline to the insurance of this Friday regarding a settlement offer and if they don't make an offer we will file with the court on Monday.

Good.

I was told by my lawyer they were mad that we gave them a deadline and told them Monday we will be filling if no offer was on the table by Friday.

So they're mad. Big deal. You and your lawyer should be happy that they're mad. It means that they are under pressure and will have to make a decision or be faced with referring the case to their attorney, making it a lot more expensive in the long run. Attorneys don't work cheap, even for insurance companies.

Some good points have been made. Also don't get mad if the ins. co. comes back with a ridiculously low ball offer to you. That happened to us so make sure your attorney keeps the pressure on them. Also, if everything your saying is correct, they know they have a claim its just a question of how much they will pay out. Don't be afraid if you have to go to court it could work in your favor.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a solid basis for a significant, claim, I believe it's usually a multiple of medical bills. Here is your biggest problem: policy limits. Odds of them having more than $300k are pretty low. Odds are it's not more than $100k. I hope you have a major medical policy if you'll need that mich surgery.

Last edited:
Back