Quick GI question

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
I just got a call from a lady who unknowingly lost tricare October 18. Her husband left. Now she is waiting for a liver transplant and wants to know if she is GI for a med supp.

I’ve never ran across this and my upline didn’t know either. I’ve been on hold with UHC for a bit now so I figured I’d ask you genius.

Her husband "leaving" shouldn't give him the right to terminate her plan. Are they divorced?

And anything from the GI side is going to require documentation, so if you can't get it, I'm guessing she's out of luck.

In some states the ending of employer coverage can be voluntary and qualify for G.I. I assume that Tri-care would be considered an employer retiree plan like any other but I’ve never run into anybody who dropped it.

In some states the ending of employer coverage can be voluntary and qualify for G.I. I assume that Tri-care would be considered an employer retiree plan like any other but I’ve never run into anybody who dropped it.

In FL it can be either but I have no idea if it’s considered employer like or not. Oh well. I just told her to make sure she calls Medicare today and gets rx coverage before it’s too late. But I’m out of ideas for her med supp.
UHC had no clue

In TX it is GI (Tricare technically is employer based coverage) but you have to prove it. BCBSTX does the best (easist) at these and its full comp

Another suggestion...if she is on the transplant list somewhere, there should be a social worker she can call. Tell her to call them and see how to get termination paperwork. And that this can wait til tomorrow! ;)

In TX it is GI (Tricare technically is employer based coverage) but you have to prove it. BCBSTX does the best (easist) at these and its full comp

Another suggestion...if she is on the transplant list somewhere, there should be a social worker she can call. Tell her to call them and see how to get termination paperwork. And that this can wait til tomorrow! ;)

She got my number from her social worker! Haha

They are now divorced btw. And as it looks, once the divorce is final you lose the tricare

Back